Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover Immobiliser
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 13/12/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Rover Immobiliser

can the lucas Immobiliser from a rover 200(10 AS or 5 AS???????) be used in another car say, a locost, providing you have all matched components.

i am using an emerald ecu and i know that its compatable with the rover immobiliser

Liam Mc

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

rayward

posted on 13/12/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
think it depends on the model, the later ones were matched to the ECU, have some wiring diagrams for the Rover "Security ECU" as they call it, give me a shout if they're any use to you and i'll dig them out.
RAy

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 13/12/05 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
i know that on at least some rovers with k series the emerald can use and learn the Immobiliser functions. the emerald is plug compatible with the mems system.

might come in handy rayward will bear it in mind, many thanks

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

stressy

posted on 14/12/05 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Generally the standard rover ECU's are matched top recongnise the signature signal fro its corresponding lUCAS 5AS unit. I think the emerald basically is plug compatible as you say with the LUCAS and just looks for A signature signal to be present but not a specific one. I could be wrong tho, at the moment im still stuck with the MEMS!
Daniel350

posted on 10/1/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the 5AS unit as I would prefer to just get rid of the unit altogether? Also from other sites it appears to only arm when the drivers door is shut. How will this be affected if the car has no doors or interior lights or cetral locking?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.