Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Wheels for my Indy
Pete Jordan

posted on 29/12/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels for my Indy

Hi guys,

hope you all had a good Christmas. I've been looking around in the sales trying to find a decent set of light alloys for my Indy and rather like the OZ Superleggeras that Halfords are doing. They have a deal on at the moment; four 15"x7" wheels and Hankook tyres for £439.99.

First, does anyone know if I could get them cheaper anywhere else? I've searched the web but most others seem to be at least £500 for the same deal.

Second, the MK build manual says the Indy is designed to take 15"x6.5" ET38 offset wheels. The Superleggeras are 1/2" wider and have an ET37 offset. The big questions is, will they fit? ny advice gratefully received.

regards

Pete

piddy

posted on 29/12/05 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
I dont know if they have the wheel you want but you could look here.Wheels and tyres

fesycresy

posted on 29/12/05 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Double check that Halfords are still doing the 20% off deal.

Speaking to Colin at MAC#1, he says the Superleggeras are heavy when compared to Pro Race's etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

RichieC

posted on 29/12/05 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Also consider that the Hankooks Halfords fit arent the best, if you can find a reasonable deal on the wheels (try midland wheels on eBay) then you have complete choice of the rubber you fit.
This is what I did as the Super Ls had fairly budget tyres when I looked at them in Halfords.
Rgds

Rich

[Edited on 29/12/05 by RichieC]

Arjan356

posted on 29/12/05 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Who says what!

Supperleggera's have the best price/weight ratio, 15"x7 are 4,9 kg!

And yes Pete, ET37 will fit just fine.

Regards,

Arjan

Pete Jordan

posted on 29/12/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

thanks for all the comments. I tried your link Piddy but they want £575 for the same deal! I also looked at Pro Race wheels (a bit confusing as both Team Dynamics and Wolfrace do them) but could not find a weight quoted for them anywhere. Still, I think I'd be hard pushed to find a 15" wheel weighing less than 4.9KG and if the BEC racers are using them they must be pretty good.

The important thing is, will they fit? Arjan, have you fitted similar wheels on an Indy then? My main concern is that the wheels being 1/2" wider may foul the body work.

regards

Pete

skydivepaul

posted on 29/12/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
15 x 7 should fit o.k. with no fitting problems.
take a look on flea bay but try searching for the tyre instead of the wheel.
I was after some yokohama A539 as they are A list blue book that i need for next year. They normally retail at £40.00 plus fitting but i managed to get a full set nearly new for £200.00.... oh and that included a set of brand new TSW volcano 15 x 6.6 5 spoke alloys already fitted with the tyres.
As said before dont skimp on the tyres as they are the only thing keeping you and your toy on the road.
depending on budget go for toyo proxes, yoko 539 for good all round tyres or toyo R888 / yoko A48 / Avon ACB10 for track day beasts if you can afford them

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

rayward

posted on 30/12/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Found this place pretty good for tyres.

Link

Ray

Arjan356

posted on 30/12/05 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pete,

I have also the superleggera's 15x7 ET37, like I said they fit perfectly.

The new superleggara, called ultraleggera is out for sale now(in the Netherlands). Same style, but look more agressive. The ones to go for, if you ask me.

Cheers,

Arjan

DEAN C.

posted on 31/12/05 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Keep checking "Motorvation" as they have some good deals on tyres and wheels.
I bought my 15x6.5 TSW Razors fitted with 539 yokos for £299,I had to insist on Yokos though as at first they said they could not guarantee which tyres would be fitted,untill I said "no Yokos, no sale"
they went and picked some up from another depot within an hour.

Ps My 15x6.5 wheels only just fit on ET 35.

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.