Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress so far
caber

posted on 3/1/06 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Progress so far

I have posted some pictures of the build to date. I started on Boxingday and have worked on it every day since. Have to go back to work tomorrow so progress will slow down somewhat!

There are a few questions . . .

What datum should i use to set the level for the Pinto engine?

I am going to use top trailing arm bolts to mount the shock absorber on the axle bracket. DO I need to reinforce this and what strength of bolt do I need?

I will post other questions in relevant places!

TIA Caber Rescued attachment general vew.jpg
Rescued attachment general vew.jpg

Genesis

posted on 3/1/06 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Refer to thread

LINK

Going fishin'

Mark Allanson

posted on 3/1/06 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
You seem to have a very similar setup to me, I set the sump to the same level as the bottom of the bell housing, and set this to exactly 1" below the chassis, this by pure coincidence set the block dead level with the top of the chassis Rescued attachment Engine Left.jpg
Rescued attachment Engine Left.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

big_wasa

posted on 4/1/06 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thats mega for a weeks work

Ive booked a weeks holls for next week and hope to make some progress..How much will depend on Swimbo

dnmalc

posted on 4/1/06 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Are you planning to put in the X frme immediately to the fromnt of the engine this is recommended to stiffen up the front especially where the suspension loads are taken
caber

posted on 4/1/06 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
So far I have been working to McSorely Drawings. By X frame do you mean triangulation between tops and bottoms of FU1 and FU2? Can you suggest a drawing I could look at to see this?

Thanks

Caber

Peteff

posted on 4/1/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I put my chassis on some 1" tubing on the floor then put the engine onto the floor inside it and made mounts to fill the gap. If you've already made the tunnel, fit your gearbox before you do it so you get clearance for the clutch arm. I made the tunnel round the gearbox and fitted it further back so the lever was in a good position without extending it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

caber

posted on 4/1/06 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't finished the tunnel yet I tried the gearbox in position and set the bottom tubes with the bell housing as tight as I dare to the bulkhead. The gearstick is right on the cross brace under the trailing edge of the dashboard. being a stiff old git I am trying to set the thing up at a comfortable working height! I really want to keep the bonnet line flat and as close as possible to the original 7 without grounding out over speed bumps!

Caber

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.