Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1300 pinto
bob

posted on 5/1/06 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
1300 pinto

I did once hear the heads off these are worth a small fortune.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-1300-Pinto-engine-complete-Cortina-Taunus_W0QQitemZ4602377150QQcategoryZ27377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NTDWM

donut

posted on 5/1/06 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey!! As rare as rocking horse poo!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Coose

posted on 5/1/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I dunno, don't you think a fiver is a bit steep? I mean, what would you use it for - a 2l pinto is bad enough?

Spin 'er off Well...

mookaloid

posted on 5/1/06 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think that the heads for these offered a slightly better compression ratio if mated to a two litre block or something like that.

This was important for people competing in classes where parts had to be totally unmodified and they couldn't use say an injection head which had been ported etc.

Value now is debatable IMHO.

Cheers

mark

mookaloid

posted on 5/1/06 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coose
I dunno, don't you think a fiver is a bit steep? I mean, what would you use it for - a 2l pinto is bad enough?

Building a BEC by any chance are you?

rsk289locost
Junior Builder

Posts 61
Registered 24/5/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Resurrecting, slowly, a 289 Cobra I built years ag

posted on 5/1/06 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
"I think that the heads for these offered a slightly better compression ratio if mated to a two litre block or something like that.

This was important for people competing in classes where parts had to be totally unmodified and they couldn't use say an injection head which had been ported etc.

Cheers

mark"

Also the 2 ltr head has inlet ports that are too big, the 1300 has smaller ports which apparently allow for better porting.

[Edited on 5/1/06 by rsk289locost]

jollygreengiant

posted on 5/1/06 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
I think that the heads for these offered a slightly better compression ratio if mated to a two litre block or something like that.

Cheers

mark

1.3 head would be useful for fitting onto a 1.6 only. The head to fit onto a 2.0 is the 1.6GT head, it had 2.0l valves & camshaft as standard and took the compression ratio up to 11.0:1 ish. the only problem was getting a starter motor and battery combo strong enough to turn it over when starting from cold.

Enjoy.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Chippy

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know what all the fuss is about, the 1300 pinto was a rubish motor, absolutely gutless, wouldn't pull the skin, etc, etc. Good for pepping up your lawn mower, and thats about all.
Browser

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Door stop?
Anchor for a small boat?
Paperweight?

Coose

posted on 6/1/06 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Browser
quote:

Door stop?
Anchor for a small boat?
Paperweight?

Strange that, just what I was thinking!

The only place for any pinto is in an RS2000, just to keep it original! Other than that, the nearest hedge-back.....

Spin 'er off Well...

bob

posted on 6/1/06 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I remembered somebody once wanted a pinto 1300 head for tuning,and a couple of years back a new head sold for over £250 on ebay.

Just thought it was intersting.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.