Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling Oxfordshire Locosters
scutter

posted on 6/1/06 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Calling Oxfordshire Locosters

After last years half hearted attempt by myself to organise a local meet, I'd thought i'd ask where the good people of Oxford where they would like to meet.

Please bear in mind that it's gotta be central and ideally with a carpark that we can keep an eye on the cars. ( the Trout Inn where we previously meet had a car park over a road hidden behind 2 walls)

Looking forward to seeing some new faces in 2006.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 6/1/06 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
How about somewhere between Reading & Oxford???
Bluemoon

posted on 6/1/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Dan,

Great, look foward to meeting up with you again.. Is yours on the road yet Dan?

Cheers
Dan and Rebecca

scutter

posted on 6/1/06 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ok how about the Wallingford/Benson area, thats about halfway between Oxford and Reading, Should only take me about 45 mins to get there. Just need a good pub now!

Also puts us in easy reach if High wycombe,Thame and Maidenhead.

Dan & Rebecca I passed SVA 22nd Sept, off the road at the mo due to gettig my front wishbones powdercoated.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the_fbi

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Shameless copy/paste from Migweb....

Following last month's meet, and the hassles of getting served/seated at the Trout Inn we have decided to move the monthly meets to The Boundary House in Abingdon.

Some of you will remember this pub from previous meets. As well as being fairly central to our region and easy to get to, they serve great food, have a nice big beer garden and have plenty of parking.

For more info see here
Address:
The Boundary House
69, Oxford Rd
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
OX14 2AA
Map:click here

The MG Car Club have their meets there too.

Jumpy Guy

posted on 6/1/06 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
looks good for me too....
the_fbi

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
If there are more people from the Reading/Maidenhead/Marlow direction then there was somewhere in High Wycombe too which was good, and HW isn't too bad for Oxford/Swindon etc people.

The other option for Ox/Bucks/Beds/Northants was the Green Man just before Silverstone on the A43, this holds regular meets for Aston Martin owners club, Lotus owners clubs and others too, + it has a travel inn next door for those wanting an overnight recovery (from drink not for their car!).

Wherever it is, I'd love to attend, although not in a locost as I'm still to decide what to build, and I'm sure a meet would help. (Currently a ST Phoenix is most likely).

scutter

posted on 7/1/06 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
OK folks, after playing with Multimaps directions, I'll think we'll give Abingdon a try. distances worked out like this;

Abingdon to;
High Wycombe - 30
Reading - 26
Brize Norton - 23
Thame - 19
Woodstock - 15
Aylesbury - 27
Newbury - 21
Swindon - 27
Oxford - 7

So how about we try The Boundary House, Abingdon on the 7th Feb.

ATB Dan.

chris.russell

posted on 7/1/06 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
the Boundary house is quite a good pub, in the summer and your sitting out in the beer garden you can watch all the 17 year olds leaving collaege in there 1 litre chav cars trying to race off the lights, then some grandad in his volvo distroys them!

Only slight down side is when you turn in from the road to the carpark it is very uneven and might bottom out a low car if you are not aware. you have been warned!

Mines a pint

Phil. S

posted on 20/1/06 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
So how about we try The Boundary House, Abingdon on the 7th Feb.

ATB Dan.

What time do you usually meet?

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

scutter

posted on 20/1/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say around 19:00-19:30.

ATB Dan

greggors84

posted on 21/1/06 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
Im back at uni then, so can come along to this one. Should get to more this year, as i was working in Milton Keynes it was a bit hard last year.

Still not SVA'd but maybe in a couple of meets time.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

chris.russell

posted on 6/2/06 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
just realised, tomorrows the 7th! we still on???

Mines a pint

greggors84

posted on 6/2/06 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
If we are, does anyone need a lift from Oxford?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

scutter

posted on 6/2/06 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes were still on, just let me defrost from the journey back from southampton. I won't bother putting the car back on camp.

ATB Dan.

chris.russell

posted on 6/2/06 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
cool, see you all in the boundary 19:30 onwards then

[Edited on 6/2/06 by chris.russell]

Mines a pint

scutter

posted on 7/2/06 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be in the 307 tonight, weather's to changable.

ATB Dan.

scutter

posted on 7/2/06 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks to Chris(Greggors) for turning up, I was going to have a rant about why do I bother, but there seems enough of that on this site at the mo. and I understand it is cold, wet and only Feb.

Anyway on a lighter note, I wasn't too impressed by the pub(sorry owners just my thoughts) and the approach angles to the car park were a little on the steep side, so anyone else any better ideas on where to go?

ATB Dan.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.