Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap Trackday at Teesside
Guinness

posted on 18/1/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap Trackday at Teesside

oioi / Mike is organising a cheap trackday at the Teesside Autodrome. Monday 27th March 2006 for £70.

So far DarrenW, me, Mookaloid and Coose look to be on the list of 25 cars.

Should be a good day out in the North East.

As far as I know there are 2 maybe 3 places left. I provisionally booked a few spots for MAC1, but as they are at Oulton Park on the Saturday they can't come out to play on the Monday as well.

If anyone is interested can you contact Mike directly, as I am busy at work at the minute and only get on here in the evenings now. oioi@dsl.pipex.com is his unlikely looking email address!

Cheers

Mike

DarrenW

posted on 19/1/06 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Come on Northern people, lets make this a good one.

Ive never done a track day before - quite apprehensive to be honest. I dont know how to drive fast hence building the Mac1 to learn. Cant wait. Hope i dont hold you up!!

Mike - what is NE7ers??? Do they have forum? Club to join??

DarrenW

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ive posted my cheque off. Had a look on NE7ers website - oh eck - looks like ther will be some R500's there. Hope they dont mind me holding them up on the track. Ive never done a track day before.....do i need L plates?

JoelP

posted on 22/1/06 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
im down too now, cheque in the post tomorrow.
eddymcclements

posted on 28/2/06 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I'm doing it too. I'm already sh1tt1ing my pants with anticipation - it's been years since I was on a track, and I've never done it in a car. Anyone got any top tips for trackdays they want to share?

My concerns are:-

Will I be too slow? (ans: Yes)
Will my car break down / overheat / lose it brakes / run its main bearings?
Will I crash / spin?
What do I bring?
Do I need crash helmet / race suit / gloves? If I wear some or all of this will I look like a wannabe Alonso?

God, I sound like an old woman!

Eddy

JoelP

posted on 28/2/06 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddymcclements
My concerns are:-

Will I be too slow? (ans: Yes)
Will my car break down / overheat / lose it brakes / run its main bearings?
Will I crash / spin?
What do I bring?
Do I need crash helmet / race suit / gloves? If I wear some or all of this will I look like a wannabe Alonso?

God, I sound like an old woman!

Eddy

speed isnt an issue, as every ones cars are different. Unlikely you'll be too slow, afterall, if you are that slow people can easily get psat you! Trouble is those who are only slightly slower but dont let you past! You wont crash or spin if you are careful, you might get a little sideways but its not likely to be bad. You need a photocard driving license in most cases, if you are on an old style license id bring a passport just incase. Your attire is down to you, helmet is definately needed, no exposed skin too i think. Race suit is probably a good idea but not many people have them. I cant use gloves cos they stop me getting the wheel past my knees.

You'll love it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.