Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westifeld weather gear on an MK?
RWDKurt

posted on 22/1/06 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Westifeld weather gear on an MK?

I know weather gear is for softies, but......

My MK Indy has a Westfield screen which came to me at a good price some time ago. I want side screens and possibly a roof for longer journeys (Le Mans is a possibility) and would like to know if anyone else has tried Westie stuff on their MK?

It's a long shot I know!

Thanks

Kurt

bob

posted on 22/1/06 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
I think the westie doors will run a bit short,well they definatly will on mine as the westie screen i have is ahead of the lip on the scuttle.

I have had a look at some hoods and i think the same applies,i'm going to attempt a flintstone type roof as on surrey daves superb website.

http://www.groovy42.freeserve.co.uk/

donut

posted on 23/1/06 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Wilmaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 23/1/06 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Westy stuff is to shortby 325mm for the mk. When we looked into the roof issue the eyes watered at the price we were quoted. Side screens are a bit of a pain but the will be sorted soon. Flint stone is the wat to go. Soft bits for sevens will do a hood for you but you wont have any dosh for petrol after you paid for it.

bob

posted on 23/1/06 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
This a soft-bits-for-sevens product we saw on new years day,its a smart hood and straps down over the roll bar. Rescued attachment scan.jpg
Rescued attachment scan.jpg

rusty nuts

posted on 23/1/06 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Nice hood Bob any idea of the cost?
akumabito

posted on 23/1/06 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Nice hood Bob any idea of the cost?

http://www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/page23.html
Could be worse..

bob

posted on 23/1/06 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
You would have to contact jill judd at softbitsforsevens for a price,i think marcus may have purchased the single panel roof while at stoneleigh last year but its not like the roof in the pic.

I've been trying to find the nylon like material they use to make my own,it looks and feels like a coated canvas but i cant seem to find it anywhere.

RWDKurt

posted on 23/1/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. The main issue is sidescreens - I don't have an Westie to compare with but are the doors really too short by 325mm? That sounds like an awful lot.

I'm in no hurry if you will have some ready soon mango - let me know time scales and likely price and you may have an order.

Cheers

Kurt

bob

posted on 23/1/06 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking at sidescreen/doors that go as far back as the roll bar,if you have them short all you do is move the buffeting inline with your ears.

Yes 325mm (1ft ish) is far too short.

I've got to admit the softbitsforsevens roof in the picture is a top quality product,i know there is a price to pay for quality but if my pockets were deeper i would certainly have one.

Marcus

posted on 23/1/06 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Bob,

Cancelled my order from Stoneleigh.
I know Jill's very busy, but she didn't contact me till August - the very day I finished making this roof!!

Roof
Roof

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 23/1/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Marcus

I'm glad you made it yourself as it makes my next question a little easier,what was the material used and where from ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.