No

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Should we delete "Miserable Caterham owning Bastards"
andyharding

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Should we delete "Miserable Caterham owning Bastards"

Seems to be a topic of great debate so maybe a vote can settle things...

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Hellfire

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
As discussed before, no matter what the outcome of this poll, there are only two people who can delete it.

1 - The author - Which is very doubtful, given his comments in the thread
2 - ChrisW - Again, very doubtful.

If people stopped posting on the thread, it would fade away into oblivion. Again, that's not likely to happen either

Phil

graememk

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
my mate has one, whilst drinking with him over xmas i delited in telling him i had bought a MK kit car, he then informed me that a Caterham is not a kit car blar blar blar zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mookaloid

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think I have made my views clear on that subject
Hellfire

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
On more than one ocassion.........

mookaloid

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Oops have I overdone it a bit?
DarrenW

posted on 27/1/06 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
An alternative view - maybe the miserable owning ones are the distinct minority, id say most a jolly decent folk, just like myself and all of you.

PLEASE - delete it!

Syd Bridge

posted on 27/1/06 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've posted this anecdote before, but what the heck.

A couple of years ago, I took my boys to Brands Hatch to see the Locosts race. Understandably, we all wanted to get up close and have a look at the cars in the pits. We could not find them in the lower paddock, and I walked up to a fella putting a rough looking thing that I took to be a Locost onto a trailer, then asked ' Where are all the other Locosts?'

The reply was classic to what this thread is all about. ' I don't know where the Locosts are, this is a Caterham' The roughest looking piece of junk I've seen at a racetrack in a while, grassers included.

The Locosts were in the pit garages, and the Catervan owner knew it. Ponsey prat!!!!

The Locosts outnumbered the Catervans 3or4 to 1, and were given the garages because of it. The general standard and presentation of the Locosts at that meeting put all of the Caterthings to shame, as did the words and attitude of that owner.

Syd.

David Jenkins

posted on 27/1/06 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Aargh!

Don't start another Cat-bashing session in here! One is too much...

DJ

steve_gus

posted on 27/1/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
isnt this the 2nd time a poll has been put up?

Just leave it up - a caterham owner isnt likely to come here, and wont expect much anyway - so we might as well leave them feeling as insulted as thinking locosts are inferior.

there are more important things in the world

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
erwe

posted on 27/1/06 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe in the UK these guys or not that nice but I have a lot of German friends in the Seven-Mania.com raceclub with a Caterham.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oliwb

posted on 27/1/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
I for one thing that the caterhams are pretty nice....I like the look of them and I like the way there put together....Some of them even go quite nicely! Hate to say it but when I was younger I didn't lust after a locost, or even a tiger but I didn't really, really want a caterham! I still feel the same way - not that locost or other kits are inferior - but that if I had the money I would have bought a caterham over the Tiger any day of the week, due mostly to that fact that you get everything with the car and the build manuals are well put together! I know ppl moan about it not supposed to be lego but at least caterham owners get the choice about whether to follow the manual or not....us tiger owners and locosters have to work everything out! I for one would have liked a mechano set! Either way you look at neither of us are likely to go anywhere anytime soon so might aswell stop what sounds ominously like a class struggle and get on with our lives! Those of us who have the money will no doubt buy the caterham those of us who don't will try and build a car under the false pretence that you can do it for £250! You can't even SVA and register for £250!!! I reckon its more to do with the people than the car - type of ppl who can afford caterhams are normaly the over end of a socio-demographic scale than those who build locosts....so obviously friction is normal but get over it....each to their own I say! Oli.

Ps.
My view is very generalised so please don't take it the wrong way if you don't feel you fit the stereotype.....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

skydivepaul

posted on 27/1/06 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
At the end of the day we are all car enthuisasts are are in the minority. We should all enjoy the common bond that brings us here, the Lotus 7. When i wanted a seven type car i wanted a cateram cos thats the nearest thing to a lotus 7 you can get. Money dictated that i built a westfiled (this was 14 years ago and you didnt have much choice of kit, it was either caterham, westfiled or robin hood). 14 years on i know have an MK which i think is superior to the westfield i built. What i am trying to say is most people in the street dont know or give a crap if its a Caterham, locost westie etc they just know its a nutter in a small, loud, fast car with no roof on.
ENJOY

I used to say this to people in my skydive club who used to bitch about each other and i would say to them "for fcuks sake you jump out of a plane togethor and fly to the ground" theres not many others that cn do that

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

CairB

posted on 27/1/06 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve_gus
isnt this the 2nd time a poll has been put up?

Yes.

quote:
Just leave it up - a caterham owner isnt likely to come here, and wont expect much anyway - so we might as well leave them feeling as insulted as thinking locosts are inferior.

there are more important things in the world

atb

steve

One did, Timbo7, who I think probably has something to contribute, which is why I posted the first poll.

I got the feeling that many that voted for it to remain were basing it on a principle of non-censorship.

With most things I think that there is probably a beneficial compromise to be had between it staying as is and being deleted, perhaps change the title to something less affrontal.

I think that we may have lost useful potential contributors that 'strayed' onto the site only to have the thread title proudly thrust at them twice on the home page. It may well have put off people other than Caterham owners who decide not to be associated with this 'sort'.

Anyway, good luck with poll#2. Lets hope it will help.

Cheers,

Colin

Taz Surfleet

posted on 27/1/06 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
"Should we delete "Miserable Caterham owning Bastards"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
seems a bit harsh !!

chrisg

posted on 27/1/06 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes we should - it's had it's day.

Cheers

Chris

JoelP

posted on 27/1/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Yes we should - it's had it's day.

Cheers

Chris

well he's your mate chris, cant you pinch his password and delete it on the sly?

andyace

posted on 27/1/06 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have no issue at all in deleting Miserable Caterham owning Bastards.

Jumpy Guy

posted on 27/1/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
How many polls do we need about this?how much discussion?

Please just let it lie- if you dont object to it every 10 minutes, then it'll just die a natural death.

sheesh. If it really offends anyone that much, then all i would say is-

"Get out more"

JoelP

posted on 27/1/06 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
its not about us being offended by it, its just embarrasing having it on the front page (click and see, its MISERABLE CATERHAM just sat there on the main page!). And worse, its at the top of the longest running thread section like its all we talk about (i know, we do....)

It creates a bad impression. Not that i really give a toss, but it does.

steve_gus

posted on 27/1/06 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Are we trying to impress someone?

im amazed that people are concerned about 'miserable caterham owning bastards' causing offence.

We have had gay discussions on hee before and no one asked for it to be deleted.

We had a dig at religion recently, and no one asked for it to be deleted.

Delicate little things, these Caterham owners, are they?

atb

steve

PS - I am not here cos I couldnt afford a Caterham - I dont want a seven of any description. I wanted to build something unique. And from the bits of steel, not a kit.

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

phelpsa

posted on 27/1/06 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
You can't delete it! This thread is just as much a part of the forum as the Photo Archive or the Member List!

caber

posted on 27/1/06 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Oh Christ! i thought, when i read the title of the poll, the provisional wing of the Locostbuilders were about to terminate all Caterham owners with extreme predjudice!

Caber

Scotty

posted on 28/1/06 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember another thread that suddenly disappeared recently ...................
it had three words in the title (and other places)

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

zilspeed

posted on 28/1/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty
I seem to remember another thread that suddenly disappeared recently ...................
it had three words in the title (and other places)

That was deleted because the perpetrator (me) had it on his conscience that people were spending more time on that &**& thread than building cars - so it went.
Not that I actually care how much time anyone spends on here (pot/kettle etc.). But it was hardly constructive, so editorial rights were exercised

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.