Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Personalised number plates - Irish plates in particular
jos

posted on 6/2/06 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Personalised number plates - Irish plates in particular

Has anybody bought an irish registration for their car before. Ive found one place www.speedyreg.co.uk who say they can do it but the total price inc vat & DOT fee is going to be £185.00 ish. I know £80 is DOT fee & 15 ish is VAT. Is there somewhere else or another company that charges less than £80 for filling out a couple of forms to get an irish reg. Its only going to be three letters 4 numbers.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

7 in a fancy suit

posted on 6/2/06 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
By Irish plate I presume you mean from Northern Ireland, part of the UK, as opposed to Ireland, the foreign southern aggressive expansionist country to the South of God's Own Land :-)

£80 for doing all the hassle is nothing. About 5 years ago I bought an 'English' plate to put on the wife's car. Little did I know the hassle I would have buying it direct from DVLA instead of through one of the agencies. I have literally only solved the problem in the last 2 weeks and (hopefully) she will have her long awaited plate at last......and only because I bought her new Merc from an English dealership. My advice, pay up, £80 is a bargain.

Colin.

zilspeed

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 7 in a fancy suit
By Irish plate I presume you mean from Northern Ireland, part of the UK, as opposed to Ireland, the foreign southern aggressive expansionist country to the South of God's Own Land :-)

Oh FFS.......................

alister667

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hey!

Welcome to Norn Ireland!
Y'all come back soon!!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jos

posted on 7/2/06 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
I presume its a NI plate, its of the format ABC 1234.

My experience with personalised plates through DVLA is completely diferent. Completely painless. Bought it, filled out the forms myself, went to DVLA LRO passed over forms & V5. Done. And all that was for an age related UK plate for around the same price as the irish plate.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

7 in a fancy suit

posted on 7/2/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Might be easier putting an NI plate on a mainland car than a mainland plate on an NI car.

My problem was because the plate was 'new' and held on a V750. For its initial use, it must go an a mainland registered vehicle. I even tried bluffing it by getting a friend in London to tax the wife's car at his address, but they then wanted to see her name on a utility bill, bank account or something like that at the London address. Something to do now with the new regulations on 'assets' and the fight against organised crime.

Once I have the plate on her new car, I will 'import' it to NI. The Coleraine and Swansea systems are completely separate and you have to import and export a car. Once the plate is here, it can easily be transferred from one NI car to another.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.