Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Nottingham
chriscook

posted on 8/2/06 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA Nottingham

Having failed spectacularly to speak to anyone in the local office i've just written them a letter proposing myslef a VIN number and asking if they can do the inspection prior to sva.

Since I'm stuck at work waiting for a vehicle to arrive (funny 2pm this is) I thought i'd ask if anyone has used the nottingham office and knew how they did it.

Cheers,
Chris

j_davis

posted on 10/2/06 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
There are two guys there that deal with kitcars, unfortunately I can't remember there names at the moment I'll have to have a search what I get back home.
One of them does the build inspections the other mainly stays in the office. You have to book an appointment with them, where they will come out to you and look over the car.
It should be in a nearly ready state, preferably without bodywork though so they can see the transmission. They will check engine number etc and take you through the paperwork.
Once you've passed SVA you can then goto the local office with the paperwork and they will give you a tax disc (easier if you also have a private reg. form as they don't have to allocate you a reg.)

HTH,

James

EDIT: Forgot to say, they are perfectly happy for you to use your own VIN, just make sure it should be unique

[Edited on 10/2/06 by j_davis]

Petemate

posted on 11/2/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
James - interesting how VLOs differ in their interpretation. When we were sorting out my lad's Dax inspection, I mentioned that the build of my RH was nearing completion, and how "finished" did they want it. They said it needed to be built "up to MOT-able standard" (their words) On the inspection day, I advised the inspector that both the gearbox and diff ID plates with highlighted and easily readable digits were within reach with the car jacked up on one side; this I said I could do while he waited. He said thanks but all he was interested in was the engine number (I didn't have a chassis number - RH!!!) Over in a few minutes. Within two days a letter with chassis number arrived. After SVA 10 minutes (including a bit of a stand-off re the MOT - Me 1, VLO nil) and the tax disc in hand.
Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.