Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice / Help with Pug problem please
swood

posted on 9/2/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Advice / Help with Pug problem please

Evening Gentlemen, am still plugging away with my MK Indy off and on & visit site regularly, but keep getting interuptions such as this !!.
Daughter has Peugeot 106 Key Largo very good for age but I have to replace the rear metalastic bushes on the front lower wishbone / suspension arm, have removed old sleeves of failed bushes from arms but wish to know approximately what angle to set the new ones at before pressing them on.
As usual the Haynes is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!, hopefully cartoon is attached, I was thinking of having the ? angle at about 10 degrees any one know otherwise?
Many thanks in anticipation. Rescued attachment Wishbone.jpg
Rescued attachment Wishbone.jpg

When you're up to your ass in alligators you tend to forget the initial objective was to drain the swamp !.

Ketchup

posted on 9/2/06 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
these are the bushes that have the fixings inside the car in the footwells unless i am mistaken... in the past i have pressed them on just over horizontal to the wishbone, 10 degrees should be fine in my view, i have never had anyone come back with a problem, and thats not cause they found a ditch
Kissy

posted on 10/2/06 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
What does the other side look like?
swood

posted on 10/2/06 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Pug Problem

Thanks Ketchup, correct they bolt up under the footwell, think 10 degrees looks about right, because when the cars on the ground wishbone looks about that angle, just didnt want them new bushes overloaded, or over tensioned.

Kissy - the other sides is f*****d too!
but I did think of that !.

When you're up to your ass in alligators you tend to forget the initial objective was to drain the swamp !.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.