Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How many in test bay?
vintagebuilder

posted on 21/2/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
How many in test bay?

Hello,

Might seem a stupid question, but- how many people are allowed to be present in the SVA test bay when the car is going through SVA. Reason I ask is my "back-up" driver is interested in the SVA test procedure and wondered if he could be present with me whilst the car is tested.

Regards

David

jos

posted on 21/2/06 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think there is a set limit, but taking a picnic, your mum, your nan, and all your uncles would probably test your examiner spatience quite severly, as well as yours.

remember it is your pride & joy that is being tested here so the more people present will put more pressure on your on the day.

I doubt whether having 1 other person present will cause any problems but just make sure that your other person knows to keep quiet and out of the way to minimise confusion & tension.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

bob

posted on 21/2/06 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think as long as you do not mob the area its ok, deckman was at my 1st test and mrs bob came along for the retest.

I'm sure i've heard some people with 3 or 4 but its probably best to ok it with your examiner.

shortie

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
I had 3 people and the tester said that was really too many and a max of you plus another two is probably ok.

HTH,
Rich.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/2/06 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
In my case, I had to help the tester occasionally, and otherwise stand at the side and keep out of the way. At Chelmsford the test aisle is quite narrow (and the same as other places, looking at photos) so maybe 1 more person could have stood against the wall and watched.

The whole building was incredibly busy while I was there, with 4 or 5 lanes of HGV testing on the other side of the partition, and there was one car in front of me and 2 behind, so it's all go!

David

indykid

posted on 21/2/06 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
i took my dad, as he had to drive with the trailer, but nothing was said about him being present. tbh, i'd think it's expected for there to be at least one other person there. 2 should cause no major headaches, as long as they stay quiet and out of the way, but i'd think 3 'guests' and you would be taking the wee a bit.

if they need more than one person to assist, they'll call over another examiner.

tom

john_p_b

posted on 21/2/06 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
myself, my dad and my uncle were present for my sva test. the examiner had no problem at nottingham and even invited us to get closer as when i wasn't actually assisting we stood well back.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

vintagebuilder

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Evening All,

Thanks for the information.
I will now cancel the 52 seater coach and the outside catering firm !!!!

Kind Regards

David

rusty nuts

posted on 21/2/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I think there may be a minimum age limit for those attending SVA probably for H&S reasons

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.