Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: progress progress and more progress
suparuss

posted on 25/2/06 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
progress progress and more progress

havent posted any progress in a while bit ive been busy in the garage and getting things done! heres a few pics-

this my shiny stainless fuel tank, took some doing to seal it with the mig welder but i got there in the end, it has a sort of brushed/ground/sanded finish to it! the funny shaped hole takes the original audi fuel level sender. shortly after taking the photo i added some mounts using exhaust bobins.

shiny fuel tank
shiny fuel tank

this roll bar is a replacement for the 1" 12g prototype which would have been as good as a chocolate tea pot if the car ever roll's over. one of my next jobs is to make the rear stay's which will be shiny stainless in keeping with the shiny engine bay theme. they will be removeable too to aid engine fixing.

fat roll bar
fat roll bar

and finally- my front bottom wishbones! they dont have shock mounts yet (same with the rear ones) but ill be ordering the shocks in the next couple of weeks so will do them all at once when i know whats what. today i bored and tapped some ferrules to m18 x 1.5 for the top bones so will try and get them made up tomorrow!

front bottom wishing bone
front bottom wishing bone

cheerio!

Russ.

[Edited on 25/2/06 by suparuss]

Fred W B

posted on 26/2/06 at 04:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Russ

Nice to see you are cracking on. Like the bends on the roll bar, did you get them done outside?

I"m working on my rear uprights - do you have any pics of what you are doing there?

Cheers

Fred WB

suparuss

posted on 26/2/06 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
hi fred, the roll bar was made by MNR, i dont have big enough knee's to bend tube that big! there are pics of my modified rear hubs in my archive under the modified hubs section, but you can probably do a lot better, it was a compromise between getting what i want and not spending to much time doing it.

CHeers,

Russ.

gttman

posted on 26/2/06 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
your chassis looks a bit like a lightweight version of an Ultima one.... very impressive.

Looks like its taking shape very quickly... whats your planed timeframe for finishing and what you going to use the car for at the end?

keep up the excellent work.

donut

posted on 26/2/06 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
And whats your car going to look like when it's finished?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
suparuss

posted on 26/2/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
gonna look a bit like this hopefully. with slight differences, ths is just an early preliminary thing i knocked up ages ago in rhino. was originally aiming to finish by this summer but i doubt that will happen, saying that- global warming seems to be pushing summer further to the back end of the year so if i get me skates on i might make it, but its safer to say next summer i think!

body work (preliminary design)
body work (preliminary design)

ERP

posted on 26/2/06 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
What sort of windscreen were you thinking of using?
suparuss

posted on 27/2/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
that there is a lancia stratos screen, its a very nice shape but a tad spensive. get what you pay for though.
the screen is one of the next things on me shopping list so i can finish the bulk of the chassis leaving only minor bracketry etc. really want to pay off some credits cards first though!

mnr laptop

posted on 27/2/06 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
hi russ
glad the cage fits ok
i think you sent me an email, but i cant seem to find it now must have deleted it by mistake

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
suparuss

posted on 28/2/06 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
cheers marc, its a bit narrow at the bottom but is exactly what i asked for so i cant complain!

that email was cos you dint send me an extra meter of cds for me seat belt mounts, but looking at the heafty steel i think it might be a bit ott so was wondering if you could refund me instead?

cheers,

Russ.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.