Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: steering again
cornishrob

posted on 12/3/06 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
steering again

Im sorry fellas, I know this topic is visited several times a week and i have read countless topics and searched the forum extensivly for the answer but cant really find what im looking for.

my kit uses granada donor parts including the steering rack, but i dont really want power steering, would rather have a direct link between myself and the road with nothing taking any feedback from the steering.

So is there a non pas rack i can use to replace my granada one of were there any granadas made without pas.

Regards

Rob

flak monkey

posted on 12/3/06 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think all granadas were power steering. Perhaps some of the very early ones werent.

Cant you use a sierra rack like everyone else? Might need the body chopping and extensions for the track rods though.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JoelP

posted on 12/3/06 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Is it kit or scratch built? Is the granada steering rack of the correct dimensions to avoid bump steer? If the knuckles are in the right place for the granada then you are right looking for a nonPAS rack of the same dimensions, but if its not (and trust me, its gonna be a very wide car for the granada rack to be correct for it!) you can open your options to include racks with shorter centres, which are easier to source.
cornishrob

posted on 12/3/06 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
its a venom viper replica. the granada rack needs extending. finish width is 6feet 6 inches.

with a non pas sierra rack if i were to have the nuckle lined up right for the colum can one track rod be lengthened more than the other or would this cause problems with the steering?

britishtrident

posted on 12/3/06 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Both sides have to be lengthened equally --- Grandad/Scorpio front end parts changed in detail over the years also 4x4 differed from the non 4x4. Some parts are common with the Sierra and P100 pick-up models but it depends best info I can give is a Sierra 2wd manual rack has the same thread size as the 1985-94 Granada-Scorpio 2wd track rod ends QH number QR2212.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.