Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost formulae - meeting up
JohnFol

posted on 17/3/03 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Locost formulae - meeting up

I nothice there are a few races fairly close to teh south in about 3/4 weeks time.

Anyone planning on going to Brands Hatch? 2nd week in April?

GParkes

posted on 17/3/03 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Yes, I’m going to Brands on the 12th, and would like to meet up with some other drivers.
Hopefully I’ll have a car in race ready condition, I have entered but haven’t heard anything back from the club yet, not sure if this is normal or not. If I don’t get a place I will still be coming to watch and may try and get a scruteneer to look at my car.

Gavin

Deckman001

posted on 17/3/03 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John, I will be at most of the races, probably not racing though, too much to do with no money;-) Usual story.
Any one interested in meeting up at Donnington?
Also, is it racing on both sat/sun?
I'll be the one looking enviously at all the new cars
Cheers
Jason

Philbo

posted on 18/3/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Brands on the 12th

I'm only at the rolling chassis stage (aiming for some track day shakedowns late in the summer and maybe a 2004 race entry), but I plan on going to Brands to do a Philbo-scrute of the racing Locosts! Never seen a finished one so will be "interesting" to say the least!
Mark Benson

posted on 25/3/03 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be at both - racing!

Look for no. 20 and come and offer me moral support as I blunder my way into the world of motor sport.....

Rob Palin

posted on 25/3/03 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be at Donington - No. 47. Whether i go to Brands depends on everything holding together this weekend and me staying on the gray stuff. I'd love to go though, even if we don't get to race on the full GP circuit.
JohnFol

posted on 31/3/03 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a plan.

Those driving - are you ok for people like me to come over and ask stupid questions?

GParkes

posted on 1/4/03 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
No problem with me, I'll be at Brands if everything goes to plan, and I have a yellow car which should be easy to spot!

Gavin

Mark Benson

posted on 1/4/03 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
No problem here either - Deckman001 came over at Donny and said hello, I'm only sorry I didn't have more time to chat.
As a spectator, there always seems to be lots of sitting around and waiting, as a competitor there are too many things to do and too little time to do them in - especially when you have to change ride height, a starter motor and a water pump between races.....

Bloody good fun though - I'd recommend it to anyone

Raced a Locost for a couple of years, then bought an Elise.

Now back building a Fisher Fury, can't yet decide on V8 power (which I already have waiting to go in) or some kind of V6 (which I'd have to buy, when I can sell the Elise, if I sell the Elise).

I'm not the most decisive person in the world.

Philbo

posted on 4/4/03 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
OK, so what is the state of play regarding attending Brands? What sort of time is scruting, qualifying and racing? When would be the best time to politely ask to check out a fully built Locost? Does it cost money to be a speccy on these kinds of race days?

Cheers

GParkes

posted on 7/4/03 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The Locosts are split into two groups. Session A has scrutineering at 9:35 with Practive at 10:35, Group B has scrutineering at 10 and practice at 11.

On the racing side there are 2 races, a heat and a final, the heat is at 2:45 and the final at 4:50.

I can't remember how much is costs to spectate, but from memory it shouldn't be over £12 each.

Gavin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.