New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: r1 on pinto
mat.price

posted on 23/3/06 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
r1 on pinto

i've got my r1 carbs today from boggbros
and was just thinking.
they sad that is would work well on the mechanical fuelpump form the pinto
the thing is i have put a one way valve to stop the fuel droping back down the pipe
will this do the carbs any justice or blow then up?
as there will be no pressure regulator??

thank all
matt

Fishface

posted on 24/3/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Mate, ive just checked your photo archive and was not impressed with the bodywork being so short. Whats going on with the tiger moulds!!!!! I thought mine was bad but i at least had it over lapping and hanging over so ive got some fixing. Did you leave the body lying round for a while or is that how it came. Id heard the stories like this so i decided to buy piece by piece so I could drop the body straight on the day i got it from tiger.
Even if you have had it lying around for a while you dont expect those sort of problems. Is it all fixed up now?

mat.price

posted on 24/3/06 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
it's been about 6 month lying around but it was all Supported so something like that would not happen.
the thing is other people have had the some problem too, and yes most of it fixed now just need some chrome to cover the gaps down the sides

DarrenW

posted on 24/3/06 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I assume the one way valve will allow flow to the carbs and thus not restrict flow too much. i didnt fit one on my Pinto with mech pump and dont feel the need to have one.

Pleased you are getting sorted with the bodywork. Looks like you have had a trying time. Are thise the handbrake cables going thro rear ali bulkhead just above chassis rail? On mine the rail was doubled thickness and had tubes welded in for the cables. You may have already changed but im sure SVA wont like them going through the ali like that. Any sign of touching or even a thought of it on the road and they will fail it. It might be worth welding some tubes on top of chassis for the cables to go through and opening the holes up - or something like that. I failed for one of my cables touching firbreglass body on one side near the drum. I hadnt noticed it until he showed me the cables moving when handbrake was applied.

mat.price

posted on 24/3/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yes have change it and put p clips to held down better but have not made the holes bigger, thanks for that will be noted down
And changed
getting there by trial and error!?

DaveFJ

posted on 24/3/06 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Matt

Just had a look at your photo archive...

Apologies if this is old news but your brake compensator is fitted wrong and will fail SVA. It must face forward/back (the Avon book is wrong)

As I say - probably not news to you but thought I would point it out anyway just in case

Would like to see more piccy's of your build.. esspecially the bodywork and how you sorted it out...
any extra sources are always helpful

Cheers

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

mat.price

posted on 24/3/06 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yes have been told that thank anyway good to get the feedback, will put some more pics on latter when I find some
Also when I do have a look to see if there is anything else that I’ve done wrong?
Better any of you lot finding it then the SVA

DarrenW

posted on 24/3/06 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
eee, i dont know. You ask a simple question and get told all of this. Hope you dont mind - didnt mean to criticise. Hope it helps.

Have fun.

mat.price

posted on 24/3/06 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve added one or two pic hope they might help??
Andrew Bause

posted on 24/3/06 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

From your pictures it would seem that the body is sitting a good 20mm too far back? Are your rear wheels central in the arches? and if they are, are you sure the rear wishbones are the right way round? there is a weld mark on the lower wishbones which donotes their orientation? I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and post them it may help?

Cheers!

Andy Bause

We have been doing so much with so little for so long - Now we can do anything with nothing!

mat.price

posted on 25/3/06 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
thanks will take some pics today to show what it looks like now with the body on
thanks again

matt

mat.price

posted on 25/3/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just put some pics have a look and see the difference like the sides fitting well sort of??
soggy

posted on 26/3/06 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
fit about as well as mine!

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

mat.price

posted on 28/3/06 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
That’s good to hear! Took me 3 week to get that to fit like that

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.