Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP! SVA 8am tomorrow, speedohealer reading 0mph.
kurt

posted on 11/4/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
HELP! SVA 8am tomorrow, speedohealer reading 0mph.

Title says it all. programmed speedohealer and is reading 0mph at all speeds. Help desperately needed or definite fail.
shortie

posted on 11/4/06 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
First thing, don't panic!!!

Second thing, yes it will be a definte fail but tbh not many people pass first time anyway and if you just failed on that then that would be a good result.

I am afraid I don't have a speedohealer but just wanted to make sure you don't get too disheartened, I am sure someone else will post some help about te speeo healer.

Rich.

kurt

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for moral support. I am going to the test anyway and as you say I'll get a faults sheet which will tell me what to fix. As for clocks they are km/h R1 clocks and speedohealer is plugged into R1 loom. The ICU is however from a UK spec bike. Could the ICU and clocks not be talking to each other because they are km/h clocks?
kurt

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, forgot to mention, test mode says installation is OK as far as wiring up is concerned.
kurt

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately connectors are under scuttle, so bit of a nightmare to get to. If I was to start to take dash off, then yes I could find out if sender is ok or not, but I'd still not have a working speedo. I'm sure speedo worked before I connected the speedohealer, so it seems as though problem is with that, so no fix this side of test, unfortunately. As I say according to test mode connections are OK. Knowing my luck, my speedohealer will be the 1 in 3million that is faulty.

Cheers, Kurt.

JoelP

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
did you read the recent thread about a batch of healers that couldnt do positive (i think) adjustment? I believe ox had a faulty one, apparently bikes usually need negative adjustment and they had a batch that only did negs.
MkIndy7

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Get raiding the neighbours shed for a push bike speedo!, or you might even have one yourself or a member of the family etc.

Best of luck with the SVA, i'm sure if it fails on something so simple you'll be a happy man.

phillippe

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
speedo

i went on speedo healer .com and there's a down load for the settings I'm loo-kin for the file now if Ur stuck ring me its on my lap top my no is 07961391446
phillippe

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
download off hear pal

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm
Guinness

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck Kurt! Ring me if you need anything. DB Killer, edge trim, nut covers etc. I'm off to pack my SVA bag, just in case.

Mobile is now **removed on request**

I'm in the office tomorrow between 9 and 10, but free before or after if you need owt dropping in!

Mike

Mike

[Edited on 1/21/2011 by ChrisW]

kurt

posted on 12/4/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well I've had the test and failed on other stuff anyway so panic over. Off on hols next week so car back in garage until return. Other half wants me to forget about it for a week. Will be back on here for how to fix the faults, nothing too desperate so I'll be picking all your brains then.

Cheers, Kurt.

jambojeef

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Woah, an SVA!?

You must have totally gone for it at the end of last term - I did the opposite and ignored it!

Sooo much to do if its gonna go in time for summer - give us a buzz if you're about when you get back.

Geoff

Guinness

posted on 13/4/06 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Kurt. Getting to the SVA is a major acheivement in itself. (Think of all the abandonded projects you see on ebay!)

Sorry you didn't get the holy grail of a first time pass at Gosforth. Hope the list is short and easily fixed. If you need a hand, just give me a shout when you get back from ya holidays.

Meanwhile enjoy the Easter Break!

Geoff, get back in the garage and don't come out until it's finished!

Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.