Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Did Woodster ever get sorted out?
Guinness

posted on 17/4/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Did Woodster ever get sorted out?

I remember back when I first joined there was a lad who had real problems with his car, the manufacturer and a propshaft. Think it was Woodster?

Did the issues ever get resolved, because the Orange car is up for sale on ebay at the minute.

Link to ebay

This is the ebay photo:-

and this one is in Woodsters archive:-

blue car same reg as orange car
blue car same reg as orange car

Or is this best left alone?

Mike

flak monkey

posted on 17/4/06 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Why the hell is that a private auction...?!

And if that is indeed the manufacturer claiming to be selling that car, i wouldnt touch it.

Just my 2p.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JoelP

posted on 17/4/06 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
someone has got to ask the obligatory 'can i see the prop adapter' question! He gets asked everytime it comes up for sale!
Dusty

posted on 17/4/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Different wheels, dash, steering wheel, rollover bar, paint, mirrors, rear lights. Strange to change the rollover bar to what looks like a weaker item.
JoelP

posted on 17/4/06 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
i think the car woodster had was the orange one anyway, the blue car is an earlier incarnation i believe. Read what you want into that!
addison

posted on 17/4/06 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, Not to sure if woodster ever did get sorted out, but we are still owed £575.00 for the repairs to the car.
regards martin m.k. engineering

adampage

posted on 17/4/06 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Warning!

Race-technics is the new ID of sports-powerdrive (Steve I think he was called), who built the car in the first place, and then reneged on every deal discussed in the initial argument.

He then pretended to go bankrupt (while my car was with him!) and pass the work onto another charlatan just down the road (Bob Turnock of RS Jigtec), who then went bankrupt himself (before I could extract my car), steal parts off it (shocks, seats, etc), and so I lost all money i'd paid as a deposit on the work, and some parts.

If anyone has any sense, they will WALK AWAY and not touch this car with a bargepole. It's probably a death trap, he has in no way proved himself to be trustworthy and he certainly doesn't deserve to benefit financially in any way.

Allegedly.....

[Edited on 18/4/06 by adampage]

[Edited on 18/4/06 by adampage]

ned

posted on 18/4/06 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
the fact that the car is still being sold as a properly registered car and is still running the same reg from the written off blue car is a definiate no no.

but is it worth tellimg ebay/dvla/police or just contacting anyone who bids on it to warn them?

sadly i expect it will get sold one way or another and some sorry person will end up with it

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 18/4/06 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
The bigger problem is the fact the V5 may well say MK indy but is it ?

If its one of the SPD welded chassis and there is failiure, who looks bad ?

The prop failed so there is a chance something else might

Aboardman

posted on 18/4/06 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
so does that means that woodster sold the car back to them? or was that part of the deal after the legal action.

read woodster threads on the prop, but never found out what was the exact outcome.

Confused but excited.

posted on 18/4/06 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Did woodster ever get sorted out

These are the questions that I asked the vendor:

You say it was sold by 'us'and returned to 'us'. Inferring that you are in fact a company ( ie Race-Technics). Why was the car returned after only 100 miles and why is this listed as a private sale? Is this to avoid any warranty?

This is the reply as received:

We were a company at the time building cars, but this car had a fault which was soughted out in court( nothing to do on our part, but still we had to fight the case)The guy took the car racing and broke it, then tried to claim for his losses ( engine and prop)We said that it was not a racing car, but as it was not in our invoice/receipt stating this..we had to take it further. The car is under private sale as we finished trading in 2003, but private sale is only there to keep the ID of the bidder a secret. What happens is that people with similar cars poach them from the sellers, so i was advised to sell this way....hope this answers your questions.

Aren't faults usually sorted out in a garage? Sounds a right load of nutsack to me.

[Edited on 18/4/06 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Hellfire

posted on 18/4/06 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
This thread? CLICKETY CLICK

About this item...

Image deleted by owner

tch tch, not that old chestnut?

[Edited on 18-4-06 by Hellfire]

gazza285

posted on 18/4/06 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I though the main jist was the fact that there was two cars with the same plate running around as well as the little propellor problem?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the_fbi

posted on 18/4/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
The bigger problem is the fact the V5 may well say MK indy but is it ?

Manufacturer
Model
Body type CONVERTIBLE
Colour ORANGE
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 01 January 0001
Number of previous owners 2
Last owner change 07 June 2003

MK Indy not mentioned.

phelpsa

posted on 18/4/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I asked him about it and I got a reply i'm willing to believe, although I don't wish to post it as it could annoy quite a few people on here.

I don't think he's as bad as is made out.

Adam

JoelP

posted on 18/4/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
whatever else is said adam, that prop adapter is a poor design. I personally dont see a problem with a blue car becoming orange, it happens from time to time! Indeed, my blue car might change colour soon.
chrisg

posted on 18/4/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
The blue car and the orange cars are different.

If you look at the blue car you can see the accident damage that wrote it off.

SPD bought the blue car for salvage and transfered the identity to the orange car (Woodster's) to avoid the SVA.

Anyone who has seen the orange car and particularly the infamous prop "adapter" will know that the reason the car HAD to avoid an SVA test is that it would never have passed.

I'd be very concerned that this car is still doing the rounds, particularly on the same plates, as it's effectively a ringer.

I wouldn't go near it at any price, you asking for a visit from plod.

Cheers

Chris

phelpsa

posted on 18/4/06 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
I see that the prop adaptor is a very poor design, but other than that (which I'm sure was corrected) I dont see that he has done anything else wrong. From the reply he sent me it seems that although some of it was caused by him, most of the fuss was kicked up by other parties. Of course I don't know him, so i could be completely wrong, but my instincts say that he got a harder time than he deserved, even if the design of that prop adaptor was horrendous

Adam

Peteff

posted on 18/4/06 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
SPD bought the blue car for salvage and transfered the identity to the orange car (Woodster's) to avoid the SVA.

So if you buy your own car back from the insurance you should SVA it again under this pretext. How many people on here have reused their original details to rebuild ? It's like Dutton syndrome, if it hadn't failed there would have been no problem. There seems to be some double standards being applied here.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DarrenW

posted on 19/4/06 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Well said Pete.

If my car was involved in an accident i would be tempted to replace the damaged bits and put it back on the road. i would simply consider it to be the same car (unless it was CatD and taken off me etc) and put it back on the road. However having gone thro SVA and realising it is not all bad i wouldnt have a problem using crashed car for donor and build a new better car with the insurance money and get it registered correctly.

The only difference from what i have read here is that it would appear the blue car wasnt repaired and put back on the road. If the ID was transferred to a completely different car then this is wrong (note i said IF).

I dont know if it is double standards being applied or just a fine line being crossed to be honest.

Interesting Q - When you buy a Sierra and use bits, we use the V5 to support age related plate application. If your Kit car is crashed - can you use it as a donor and use its V5 to support 2nd age related application?

woodster

posted on 19/4/06 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi everyone ........... I'm not goin to start the he said this i said that he did this i did that i just really can't be arsed ... but i would like to thank everyone for their help and good wishes this is a top forum and if i had have been a member before i bought that car things would have been different i.e i would not have touched it but thats all in the past ........... but im very happy to say NOW that THAT car asNOWT TO DO WITH ME thanks again guys next time i'm goin to have a go at buildin my own MK Indy
stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/4/06 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
its easy to click on bidder ID and point them to here if you feel the need.....

atb

steve

woodster

posted on 21/4/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
NO BIDS
phelpsa

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
its easy to click on bidder ID and point them to here if you feel the need.....

atb

steve

I pointed him to here, I thought it only fair for him to have his say as this site influences a fair bit of the kit car market. He refused to say anything publicly.

Adam

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.