Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC for sale
Mezzz

posted on 24/4/06 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
BEC for sale

Hey all any one selling there BEC. Looking at getting one but not to sure about building it.

oh and what is insurance like on a BEC?

Thyanks

Jon Ison

posted on 24/4/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ins depends a lot on age, for an old fart like me its pretty cheap but I think they are catching on too the performance of these pocket rockets and slowly adjusting premiums too suit, ring round for a few quotes, Adrian Flux as been best for me but others have had different experience.

Edit too add, bad time of year too buy, prices go up this time of year.

[Edited on 24/4/06 by Jon Ison]

ChrisGamlin

posted on 24/4/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
It might be out of your price range but a mate of mine is selling an absolutely top spec Westie Megablade here, its a brilliantly engineered car with loads of nice bits on it and has been 100% reliable on road and track.

birt

posted on 24/4/06 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
If you decide to build one and you are new to this game then I might have just the thing for you.

I am about to put a BEC prepared ZX9R engine on ebay. It is perfect for a first time builder since I have up-rated the clutch springs to stiffer Barnet springs, this is an essential mod for BECs and I have the receipt for these and photo evidence to prove, I also checked the clutch plate thickness’ and they are towards the upper level of the tolerance so loads of life left. I have also added a crank breather filter, removed the air box and fitted sock filters, replaced the chain sprocket output for a prop-shaft flange adaptor, fitted a new oil filter, removed the emissions system and blanked off the feed to the reed switches, blocked off the inlet port vacuum take-offs, modified the wiring loom for a car application by removing all the stuff that you don't need (about half!).

It also comes with a colour wiring diagram (done by myself) that clearly shows what everything is and more importantly, where to connect each of the wires to in your car loom. I know it is right because I used it to do my own ZX9R powered car and it started first time.

I have also fitted silicone hoses to the water pump inlet, thermostat housing outlet and thermostat breather for the coolant system. These hoses are ‘stepped up’ to the right diameter for use on a normal car radiator and come with aluminium hose connectors with beaded ends to join them to the rest of the cooling system. I am also providing a diagram of how to do the cooling system.

It comes with all the necessary stuff, CDI, regulator, fuse box, relays, battery, fuel pump, carbs, etc.

It even has a neat bracket mounted to the gearbox which holds the idle adjuster.

Last but not least it includes an official Kawasaki workshop manual.

The only thing you’d need to worry about is filling it with oil and getting the carbs jetted to suit your set-up once running.

Best thing is I can take it to Stoneleigh....

Xy

posted on 24/4/06 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

My Fisher Fury is for sale at the moment:

link

My current insurance premium is £240 and I'm 28.

Cheers,

Matthew

k33ts

posted on 24/4/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
birt, idea of price would be nice

tukcustoms.com

birt

posted on 24/4/06 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I would probably put a reserve of £600 on it on ebay but would be hoping for a bit more I think.
dilley

posted on 24/4/06 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
possibly selling my indy, blackbird powered very clean £6500 due to new project.
mr loo

posted on 24/4/06 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
selling my mk indy bec as well.
yamaha r1 injection engine.
sva and registered july 05.
mint condition.check my photos.
£10,000

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.