Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Supplier database
Mix

posted on 3/4/03 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Supplier database

I'm now 5 months into my build and still the enjoyment far outweighs the frustration, (long may it continue!). I do spend a great deal of time however staring at this screen when I could be working on the project. A great deal of this time is spent surfing the net in search of the best price for components and raw materials, I have found that there is a vast difference in the cost of even the most mundane items. In the spirit of Locost would it not be an idea to set up a database into which members could input data regarding the details of their purchases. Over a period of time this could become a valuable time saver.
GO

posted on 3/4/03 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. I'm only just starting my build am I'm already finding the same problems. It's surprising the differences in prices you can find for a bolt!

I'm recording every last penny I spend on the project - which is probably going to make me cry every time I look at it, until I realise the end result anyway!

Something that should be taken into accoutn with this is the delivery charge, a lot of the places I've found so far seem to offer free delivery over 50 quid, but about a fiver or so if below 50 quid.

Mix

posted on 3/4/03 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
The postage could be included in the database, as could the location for those of us lucky enough to be able to collect by hand.

Mick

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.