Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie in Aberdeenshire
Slater

posted on 28/4/06 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Newbie in Aberdeenshire

After years of dreaming, research and looking through this forum, I'm about to take the plunge. I'd just like to introduce myself and say Hello.

I'm planning on building a MAC#1 Type ZR with a 2.0 Pinto (or maybe Zetec). I've now got room in the garage, permission from wife, and some savings to spend. I'm in no rush and expect it to take a few years. I am mechanically minded but don't have much experience with cars, only changing brake pads and the like.

Now I'm on the lookout for a donor and have just placed an wanted ad in "Scot-Ads", so just have to wait and see if anything appears. If anybody knows of anything suitible in the Aberdeen/Insch area, please let me know. I'm after a 83-88 Sierra with 2.0 SOHC engine.

Once I've stripped the donor I'll order up a kit from MAC#1. I'm doing this for the build experience not particularly the car itself.

Keith.

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/4/06 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse mate. I'm in the Broch (yeh yeh I know). There are a few other locals on here (I'll let them introduce themselves ). A very helpfull and informed bunch of guy's (and girls) on here.
Hope you get a donor soon.

Johnmor

posted on 28/4/06 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome

I am busy building as we speak, need any help , give me a call , your only a few miles away.

Had a few test runs today, goes like sh'# of a shovel, sounds fantastic, long way from finised though.

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/4/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
As a thread hijack how manyof you guys are going to the granite city rally tommorrow?

[Edited on 28/4/06 by omega 24 v6]

Slater

posted on 28/4/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies, specially from those of you in Aberdeenshire. You are welcome to come and see the MAC#1 kit once I get it. I'll probably be in touch in the near future, wouldn't mind a look at your machines...
dave dickson

posted on 28/4/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I pop back to Aberdeen every now and then for business, but havent met any of the other locals.

If you have a few hours free on monday and thursday evenings, Thainstone auction occasionally turns up suitable donors, ranging from complete knackers to pretty decent cars.
Sales start at 6pm iirc.

Now living in the South of France. Woohoo!

zetec7

posted on 28/4/06 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought - the Zetec is a lot shorter in height (i.e. easier to fit), has more HP, and weighs a lot less than the Pinto motor. THey also look fantastic, especially with Webers!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 28/4/06 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Keith,

Welcome to the forum!

You're welcome to come and see my car any time - just give me a little notice.

Like when you're setting off

I'd not expect it to take too long as you're building a kit, just get as much organised in advance of the build as possible, and you should be able to assemble in a couple of weeks

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.