Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: windscreen!
suparuss

posted on 19/5/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
windscreen!

finally got me finger out and bought the windccreen for my car. 500 bloody quids worth so i hopw i dont break it!
heres some pics-

stratos screen!
stratos screen!

im not happy with the part of the chassis the screen is sitting on so im gonna cut it all of and build it up again to match the size. i wasnt far off considering it was pretty much a guess but not close enough.

stratos screen again!
stratos screen again!

ive also just ordered some tillet kart seats to replace the crappy buckets in the pics, so then ill be able to put he steering wheel in. i need the seats in position to plot out the windscreen horisontal plane as described in the sva manual to make sure i dont put the steering wheel too high.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 19/5/06 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one! Now go and make a cardbox template and put the unit away

SeaBass

posted on 19/5/06 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
What screen is this??

geoffreyh

posted on 19/5/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
It's a Lancia Stratos replica windscreen.

Geoff

rusty

posted on 19/5/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
if you want somthing a little stiffer go for a hardboard template
kb58

posted on 19/5/06 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever you do, be VERY careful in what you bump that glass against. I BARELY touched the edge of mine to a chassis tube and it broke a one-inch scallop-shaped section right out.

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 19/5/06 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
I don't like the way the piece of wood is fitted thro' the middle of it!
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Fred W B

posted on 20/5/06 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Nice Screen Russ- Also, remember to never grind sparks towards it. Or cover it.

Cheers Fred W B

[Edited on 20/5/06 by Fred W B]

RazMan

posted on 24/5/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a bit pricey? I just picked up my screen today for £400 (made in a batch of five in Slovakia)

Yet another invoice I've got to hide from RazLady

BTW - scary avatar Mango

[Edited on 24-5-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
suparuss

posted on 25/5/06 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
mine would have been £400 too if id picked it up. £100 for postage. unfortunately i work 7 days a week and having a day off work would cost me £140 plus about £40 in diesel to drive 100 miles round trip to get it jnot to mention the hassle so £100 postage was cheaper.

Russ.

trevorc

posted on 6/8/06 at 04:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Seems a bit pricey? I just picked up my screen today for £400 (made in a batch of five in Slovakia)

Does the Slovakian company have a website ? Was that 400 for all five or 400 each ??

I'm curious as I suspect that I will need to get a customer windscreen (altho I'm still looking around, i need something close to the screen in the 911 GT1-98)

RazMan

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trevorc
Does the Slovakian company have a website ? Was that 400 for all five or 400 each

£400 each! Sorry, I havent got any details on the company involved. It came via my kit company who had the 3d prog written for them.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.