Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tin top broken into
dblissett

posted on 26/5/06 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
tin top broken into

my wifes 2000 1.2 punto was broken into last night the two bast**ds were intrupted by the old girl two doors down and so i feel we were lucky
the reason for the post is that they got in without any damage to the door locks
how did they do it and what can i do to stop the little shit* next time
is there a weak spot on the punto security
the car is parked on the street and i have been told that there has been a spate of this in my area so i need to sort it out asap
thanks dave

[Edited on 26/5/06 by dblissett]

wanna be builder

posted on 26/5/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
we all ways used the steel crate binder stuff. where the join is, you can get a hook type thing and it slides down the inside of the window, and robberts your mothers brother!

the top strap in the pic

[Edited on 26/5/06 by wanna be builder]

donut

posted on 26/5/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
You could try fitting dead locks in the doors.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 26/5/06 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
try electrifying the bodyshell, about 240v should give them the tinggling feeling enough to warn them off
wanna be builder

posted on 26/5/06 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
just thought i should clear up somethings in my last post. i never stole cars just when i was at college we used to get in and move people cars to different parts of the car park of hide some fish in the heating system as pratical jokes
ned

posted on 26/5/06 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wanna be builder
just thought i should clear up somethings in my last post. i never stole cars just when i was at college we used to get in and move people cars to different parts of the car park of hide some fish in the heating system as pratical jokes

keep digging mate

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dblissett

posted on 26/5/06 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
240v

the 240v thought went through my mind this morning but i am trying to avoid this feeling in the future
donut the dead locks seem to be a good idea were can i get them from and are they a retro fit if the car has never had them
also what kind of cost
and the police have been to busy to pay any attention but they were bloody quick to send me my spending fine last year
i know they have a hard job but little sumbags seem to get better service than us jo normal people
sorry rant over

MkIndy7

posted on 26/5/06 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
A connection to the coil would be nice! don't they stay charged until their earthed
stevec

posted on 26/5/06 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Have you thought about one of these, Supposed to be very effective.

chockymonster

posted on 26/5/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
The 240v suggestion is highly illegal unfortunately. I remember news stories about a guy with a cossie that had it broken into 14 times ina 2 month period. He electrified the door handles and was prosecuted when a policeman brushed up against the car and got a massive belt from it.
Simon

posted on 26/5/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
The 240v suggestion is highly illegal unfortunately. I remember news stories about a guy with a cossie that had it broken into 14 times ina 2 month period. He electrified the door handles and was prosecuted when a policeman brushed up against the car and got a massive belt from it.

Yeah, but that car was on the road. If it was parked on the drive, where PC P wouldn't brush up against it (no doubt leaving scratches on the car from his cuffs, and spraying pepper all over it, and being pssd ico a uniform), then only the "deserving would receive a bit of shock treatment.

See if you can get three phase installed! And cover door handles in contact glue.

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 26/5/06 by Simon]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.