nope

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: poll did schuey cheat
theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
poll did schuey cheat

did he delibaratley block the track to keep pole?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

I love speed :-P

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
edit: i dont think he started it on purpose ie the locked brake, but then thought he could turn it too his advantage

[Edited on 27/5/2006 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Of course he did , why spoil the habit of a lifetime? we all would for 12million or more a year
Fozzie

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure he did!
Fozzie

[Edited on 27/5/06 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

JoelP

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
especially considering how crucial pole is at monaco...
Fozzie

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
especially considering how crucial pole is at monaco...

Exactly!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Confused but excited.

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Of course he did! It's genetic.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

MkIndy7

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Somebodys desperate for yet another of Senna's records

I thought F1 cars had anti-stall devices and reverse!

bilbo

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Offical Result: He DID!!!

See here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5023004.stm

Hellfire

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
No way did he cheat. If he had, it wouldn't have been so blatant, the guy is too talented. The Stewards are wrong.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate but I have to disagree. The first part can possibly be explained as a mistake going in too tight and maybe from that you could say its wasnt pre-meditated, but what was the reason for him straightening up the wheel, then only turning again once he was to close to the barrier to pass? If you look at the shot from above, he steers straight towards the barrier and only turns right again once he's half way across the track (over the central white line), and even then winds off a little lock again as he gets close seemingly just to make sure he can't get round.

Hellfire

posted on 27/5/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
He could have spun the car on a sixpence on the apex of the corner and stalled his engine, if he so wished. I doubt anyone would have called him a cheat in that scenario. The stewards had no option but to strip him of pole after setting the precedent with Fisichellas incident. And besides, it makes F1 that bit more interesting doesn't it?

Phil

MikeRJ

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
His driving certainly didn't apear to be that of a talented multi-championship winner at that moment did it...

He has a long history of dubious tactics and very unsportsmanlike behaviour, I'd hardly put a stunt like this past him.

James

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if it's good or bad for (my favourites ) Mclaren!

Means Alonso's practically garanteed to win but gives Macca a better shot at 2nd place!

As long as blinkin Webber gets the inevitable out of the way early it should be an interesting battle between Alonso and Raikonnen up to 1st fuel stop.

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 27/5/06 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
i was thinking exactly that as i watched it jon. too convenient imho especially for someone as experienced as him not to keep it going.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johnmor

posted on 28/5/06 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Victim!!!

The guy already had the fastest time, we all reckon the guy is a machine and calculates every thing to the smallest degree, one of the reasons he wins so often.

He almost never cracks under pressure and rarly makes a mistake.

So now you want me to belief that that he deliberatly makes such a crass and obvious manoeuvre to gain one place.!!

I accept that pole at Monaco is essential but i think the risk in that act was so great he would not of done it deliberatly, as I said he does calculate every thing down to the smallet point.

I think he new he had a fast time and just made a mistake on the in lap.

But once again he is not alowed to make a mistake, it has to be deliberate and Ferrari are "cheats", blah,blah blah.(new record please)

Anyway, its done now!!!

The good thing is the race may not be the normal procession as I would almost put money on Shuey getting into the points and going all out from the back.

Heres to an exciting race!!!

cossey
Contributor

Posts 430
Registered 5/12/05
Location Kent

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a pile of bits that will someday be a fisher fury

posted on 28/5/06 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
he was on a faster lap than his previous and overcooked it. if he hadnt had straightened up he quite possibly would have skidded into the barrier because he was on the dirty part of the track. stupidly he would have probably been better off if he had crashed. the stewards caved into pressure from the other teams rather than just look at the evidence. alonso is becoming the new schumacher and in the same way that ferrari could do no wrong a couple of years back now alonso can do no wrong.
andyps

posted on 28/5/06 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor

He almost never cracks under pressure and rarly makes a mistake.

Sorry, but you must have a very different definition of "almost never" to me. There have been many occasions where he has cracked under pressure. Ask Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, think about stalling on the grid and losing championships to Hakkinen. Under pressure the guy cracks easily.

There is no way the complete incident yesterday was an accident, when I watched it I could only think that anyone would have managed to turnt he steering wheel and get round the corner if they wanted. I have to give him (or someone in the team) credit for quick thinking. Shame Ferrari aren't like Renault and let us hear the radio transmissions - but maybe the Stewards did. This time they have made the right decision.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Johnmor

posted on 28/5/06 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ask Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, think about stalling on the grid and losing championships to Hakkinen. Under pressure the guy cracks easily

You're choosing a few occasions from a 15 year career, 10 at the top.

Hill and Villeneuve both came to racing on their fathers coat tails. Hakkinen won championships in a car that was often 1-2 secs a lap quicker than everyone else, "what a guy".

Schumacher is called a robotic, cool calculating assasin one minute and then cracks easily the next, make your minds up!!!

Look at the statistics.

(there is miles in this yet)

Mr G

posted on 28/5/06 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with hellfire on this.

This is 'cheating'

quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor
The good thing is the race may not be the normal procession as I would almost put money on Shuey getting into the points and going all out from the back.

Heres to an exciting race!!!

well predicted that man!

[Edited on 28/5/06 by Mr G]

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Jon Ison

posted on 28/5/06 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Johnmor, you talk a lot of sense on this one, btw Damian Hill threw it away in his little incident, Shuey was a dead duck at the time waiting too be picked off, Damian chose the wrong time, the Villeneuve incident was maybe down too Shuey though........

andyps

posted on 28/5/06 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Jon - Damon didn't know it at the time, and had no way of knowing it - he saw an opponent going slowly, a gap, and went for it, don't tell me you wouldn't do the same. You can't allow for the fact that someone has a natural reaction to crash into someone rather than avoid them - at least then as the cobbler hadn't shown his tendency before that.

Mr G - maybe BAR were cheating, but it is generally accepted they were the fall guy for that one, and many other teams (Ferrari included) were using the same technique - may well explain all those very quick middle sectors the cobbler managed.

From what I heard, James Allen was about the only person in Monaco who believed it to be an accident.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Syd Bridge

posted on 28/5/06 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think you lot missed the point re Damon Hill. MS has openly admitted that he 'did what had to be done' to ensure he took the title. That involved punting Damon Hill!! The acts were perpetrated years ago, the admission was only 1-2 years ago.

Cheers,
Syd.

[Edited on 28/5/06 by Syd Bridge]

Jon Ison

posted on 28/5/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry guys, just winding you up a bit bit come on.........
The best F1 driver in my living memory and who's pictures are still hung in our office..........?

Mr Senna, now he was no saint either was he.

Thats the trouble with us Brits, we play cricket.

ned

posted on 28/5/06 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
yup regardless of the stats having been bought up watching senna he will always be the master, and we will never know what could have been

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.