Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Using a Daihatsu 1991 1300 EFI Automatic
Ben

posted on 17/4/03 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Using a Daihatsu 1991 1300 EFI Automatic

I am in the possesion of a 1991 automatic Daihatsu Charade 1300 which has driven only 56.000 KM (about 40.000 miles) and has a superb engine. However, the coachwork is not so perfect anymore. The car belonged to my mother, who stopped driving it at 85 years of age and I have owned this car now some three years as a second car. The topspead of this little bugger is very satisfactory (180km/hr (real GPS measured speed) and the acceleration is accordingly. I'm planning to use the engine in a Locost. The problem is that I therefore have to mate the engine to a rearwheel transmission. That
means to a Sierra gearbox alike etc. Does anyone have experience with this kind of set up and has anyone done this before? Can anyone give me recommendations about the way to do this and enlighten me about the problems I might encounter.

Ben Majoor

The Netherlands

James

posted on 23/4/03 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
You might have more luck posting this in the engine section as a lot of people don't read the manufacturer specific sections.

HTH,

James

ned

posted on 29/4/03 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
like james says, try posting in engines or running gear sections.

2 options I can think of would be to either:

a) make up an adaptor plate/bellhousing to fit to a ford/sierra box

b)try and see if the engine by any chance shares the block with any van that might have a box for rwd that will bolt onto it.

good luck.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 29/4/03 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
just noticed its a 1300 engine, ignore option b)!

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 4/5/03 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
You could look at the Hi-jet van, that was rear or 4 wheel drive.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.