Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Startup!
Ferrino

posted on 8/6/06 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Startup!

Successfully started my '99 R1 engine last night (at around 11pm in a, normally, very quiet street!) which was fantastic. Oil pressure seems fine for hot and cold idle and no leaks to report.

Only strange thing was on the initial startup, after about 10 seconds there was a 'bang' sound which was like a fuse blowing (or like those banger things that kids throw). Anyway, started the engine again and everything fine, nice smooth idle and rev'd nicely (just blipped up to 6,000 RPM periodically), no misfiring sound. I thought this might have been the fuel pump seizing and blowing but I tried again this morning and it pumps just fine. The only fuse in the box was the ignition fuse (15A) and this is fine.

Is there anything I should check (like regulator, ECU etc)? COuld it just have been fuel igniting in the exhaust (due to the excess fuel from the first few cranks which didn't fire)?

Mezzz

posted on 8/6/06 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
At a guess it would be the fact that there was a lot of fuel in the engine and some might of gotten into the exhaust and caused it to ignite? As its a carb version that would be my guess

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.