Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Supercharger
TPG

posted on 22/6/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Supercharger

You can't of lived without at least thinking about putting this Eaton Supercharger on a se7en stylee car.Mines in the post.....
I blame Monkeybasher....

[Edited on 22/6/06 by TPG]

..Which was nice..

Monkeybasher

posted on 22/6/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote

Cool, you wont regret it. As my tuning gets closer the car is getting much quicker, although helping the power I now have a smaller pulley fitted and a working charge cooler. I also have the vitara alternator fitted now.

I would liken the power to driving the TB zetec setup on damp roads. 1st and 2nd spins if you floor it....except now it does it in the dry.

I still haven't blown my engine up, but I think I am going to see what knock senors are avalible for megasquirt before I do.

Steve

RazMan

posted on 22/6/06 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would really love to put a blower on my V6 - unfortunately that Eaton one is not quite big enough for the job.

Supercharging is definitely better than turbo IMO as you have boost from tickover upwards Turbos are very 'all or nothing' and you can easily end up over revving trying to keep the power on.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 22/6/06 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
raz y dont you put one of the eaton 90's on you v6, they were used on the merc's if im not mistaken, surely that should do the trick for you?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kissy

posted on 23/6/06 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
If anybody is going to buy one of these s/c's get it now - the new Mini launches in early September and the 'S' is turbo'd so these s/c's will become scarce. The only model that will carry on for some while in the old shape is the cabriolet and I'm not sure if they will keep the s/c engine on just for that.

V8? Fit Two.

RazMan

posted on 23/6/06 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
raz y dont you put one of the eaton 90's on you v6, they were used on the merc's if im not mistaken, surely that should do the trick for you?

I'll settle for getting it running first
I'll be looking to fit one next year though so watch this space

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

bimbleuk

posted on 23/6/06 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
I've owned 4 of these little beasties (mini supercharger) recently but I keep selling them on!!

I've never installed one on a car though even though I've had 3 previous supercharged cars!

Anyway I've gone (going) the Rotrex route cus I was following another owners progress and it wasn't looking great. Just a little too much fabrication required and on my 20V 4AGE I didn't want to loose the 4 individual throttle bodies (roots blowers are best installed with the TB before the inlet side).

CorseChris

posted on 23/6/06 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a bit of a serial supercharger buyer at the moment Bought 2 M45s, sold one on, keeping the other for now as it's like new...

Also got 2 Eaton M112s (off the 4l Jag) One is going on my 3l Alfa V6, the other I'll probably end up keeping as a spare. Biggest problem will be getting drive to the darn thing on the car in question, but I think I can make it happen. One of the 2 came complete with the charge coolers - given I'll be running less boost and less volume than the Jag, I reckon 1 will work nicely.

Hellfire

posted on 23/6/06 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
If anybody is going to buy one of these s/c's get it now - the new Mini launches in early September and the 'S' is turbo'd so these s/c's will become scarce. The only model that will carry on for some while in the old shape is the cabriolet and I'm not sure if they will keep the s/c engine on just for that.

V8? Fit Two.

If this is true - I'm surprised BMW have bowed to customer demand at the cost of their falling reputation for reliability . Under bonnet temperatures was one of the biggest reliability issue's with early BMW Mini's, hopefully that is now resolved. Surely putting a Turbo under the already cramped engine bay is tempting fate and the whole issue could start again...

Should be interesting to say the least...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.