Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hydra brakes
scoey m
Builder

Posts 209
Registered 8/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MNR Vortx r1(sva pass 07 plate yumyum)

posted on 2/7/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
hydra brakes

Hi has anybody tried to fit hydra rear calipers to rear of there kit , I bought full kit from R & D to fit sierra drum based kit and no where near disks are no where near will not fit over hub calipers fit tight against uprights so unable to fit unions for brake lines has anybody else had these issues with this kit

what brakes have people used is it best to stick to sierra standards or has anybody tried the wilwood rear kit

[Edited on 2/7/06 by scoey m]

Flat Pack

posted on 2/7/06 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
When I ordered mine they made it very clear that the hubs need machining down to take the discs. Of course if you ordered straight off their website, you wouldn't know this!

The port for the brake union is pretty tight to my uprights too, I've got just about enough clearance with a set of new pads on (and they move apart as the pads wear or the brakes are applied). I guess that just depends on the design of your uprights though.

scoey m
Builder

Posts 209
Registered 8/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MNR Vortx r1(sva pass 07 plate yumyum)

posted on 2/7/06 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I ordered by phone and they never mentioned this said this kit would fit no problem also they never mentioned that you need to buy there custom cable to fit at 30 odd squid tried the mk 2 golf that many people recommend to use but that does not fit will call them mon
tegwin

posted on 2/7/06 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not much help I know...but im running sierra XR4 callipers on the back end of a standard sierra....just have a pair of calliper adapter mounts and they drop right onto the drum mounts...

Seems to lighn up ok with the XR4 rear disks....

Dunc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.