Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hydraulic controls
waterrat

posted on 1/8/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
hydraulic controls

i'm building a trike with two front wheels and a drivers cockpit. the rear of my trike is a bike without any real changes to the main bike. i was thinking of using hydraulic connections for the excelerator, clutch and gear change as well as the braking system. has anyone else used this kind of system in their own build and if so can you surgest the best way to connect these systems.
big_wasa

posted on 1/8/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
would love a pic of your project
joolsmi16

posted on 1/8/06 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
trike

You find that most of the connection are banjo and if I remember on my honda its 10*1.5, if your keeping the bike as a whole item and just bolted to a front chassis thats probably the easiest and quickest route.

However you are not allow a hydraulic handbrake for MSVA so you'll have to figure out a cable caliper to mount on the rear bikes disc or go to Merlin motorsport and get a handbrake kit for your front calipers.

waterrat

posted on 2/8/06 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for your message

thanks joolsmi16, i didn't know about the hand brake requirment that you have bought up. i will have to look into that and see what i'll do. as for photos of my trike, i have only just got the steel for my frame, the bike its self and the steering rack. i have done most of my design and made a modle of the frame so my freind who will be welding the frame can see what he has to do. untill i get any photos heres a basic plan that i will be building. Rescued attachment Layout.JPG
Rescued attachment Layout.JPG

Krismc

posted on 2/8/06 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
thats one crazy machine

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.