Do you think this is for real?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7454888430957937600&q=jackass

Only 16 and i have already had my midlife crisis

graememk

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
is that real ?

Findlay234

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Cant be!!! well id like to think if it was real the driver would stop pretty rapidly wouldnt he?
Ketchup

posted on 12/8/06 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
i recon he lays down just to the side of the bus, but the due to the camera angle it looks like he is under it
Russ-Turner

posted on 12/8/06 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Looks shopped to me. Looks dodgy when he runs past the car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MAD-PUG

posted on 12/8/06 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
FAKED

look carefully at the wheels of the bus, (seen best on full screen) the wheels are stopped......

AND the angle on the bus dosn't change, it flat. as the bus passes you should see less of the frount, but this never happens

it a photo of a bus put on top of film of him running out on to a road and back

the car is the same and is there to distract you and think its
A)NOT a stunt with a modifid bus
b)and to give it a more "normal road" feel

finaly the quilty has been reducded a bit, not to hide detail but to blend everything in as the picture of the bus was taken in diffrent light/quality/camera etc.

MAD-PUG

PS. sorry to any one who liked it more when thay thought it was real

Deckman001

posted on 12/8/06 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
There's also daylight on the ground between where he is and the shadow of the bus

Jason

donut

posted on 12/8/06 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
I vote 'FAKE'

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 12/8/06 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
What kind of bus is that? The wheelbase is totally out of proportion to the front and rear overhang like it's had 10 feet chopped out of the middle. When he is underneath it his head is still arched back too high for it to clear him. Definitely fake.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Liam

posted on 12/8/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAD-PUG
FAKED

look carefully at the wheels of the bus, (seen best on full screen) the wheels are stopped......

AND the angle on the bus dosn't change, it flat. as the bus passes you should see less of the frount, but this never happens

it a photo of a bus put on top of film of him running out on to a road and back

the car is the same and is there to distract you and think its
A)NOT a stunt with a modifid bus
b)and to give it a more "normal road" feel

finaly the quilty has been reducded a bit, not to hide detail but to blend everything in as the picture of the bus was taken in diffrent light/quality/camera etc.

MAD-PUG

PS. sorry to any one who liked it more when thay thought it was real

I agree it is faked but it's better than that!!

Are you even looking at the same video as me? The bus and car both clearly 'scroll' past in 3D correctly showing different amounts of the front/back. It's way too blurry/compressed to conclude the wheels are stationary (and since they bothered to have reflections moving accross the bus windows, I doubt moving wheels would have been a stretch too far ). Reflection of both the bloke and the bus in the puddle looks fine too.

Almost certainly done like this...

Set up camera on tripod (you can see how steady it is). Record actual bus driving past. Record actual car driving past. Record bloke running out into empty road. Composite the footage together. Bob's your uncle job's a goodun.

Only way it might be 'real' is if it were a setup with stuntmen/drivers. No real motorists would have no reaction in that situation.

Liam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.