Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12r fuel
the moa 2

posted on 16/8/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12r fuel

Hi can someone confirm whether i need two lines going to my tank for my zx12-r cause i remember asking ages ago and people were saying if you use the original fuel pump (which i am) then you dont need to .

Reason being is i have a little black thing which i am led to belive is a fuel seperator with 4 ports on it one has carb written on it one has tank and im not sure what the other 2 do.

Any help much appreciated.

rjbrookes

posted on 17/8/06 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
if i remember correct....

i have one feeding the engine fuel, via the fuel pressure regulator, and a return, which again comes out of the fuel pressure regulator.

Russ

Arjan356

posted on 17/8/06 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, the 2000-2001 engines have a fuel return, the newer engines don't .
If you have a fuel return, don't forget to connect the fuelhoses to the right connectors(feed/return), I made this mistake.

Regards,

Arjan

rjbrookes

posted on 17/8/06 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arjan356
Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, the 2000-2001 engines have a fuel return, the newer engines don't .
If you have a fuel return, don't forget to connect the fuelhoses to the right connectors(feed/return), I made this mistake.

Regards,

Arjan

my 2002 eng has fuel return too....

Connecting it wrong cost me £200.....and i paid someone £50 for doing it in the first place............................

russ

the moa 2

posted on 17/8/06 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
From what i can see i have a main fuel line going to the fuel rail which im thinking is connected from my tank then a pipe coming back from the carbs into this fuel regulator and it looks like it should go back to the tank.

My current tank has the pump at the bottom obviously and a breather / overflow pipe at the top.

Were would the return go do i need another port into the tank ?

wheezy

posted on 19/8/06 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I am running a 2003 ZX12r with a fuel inlet and return pipe as fitted to the bike. The pump is located in the bottom of the tank and the outlet from the pump is connected to the fuel rail inlet. As the ZX12 is an injected engine all the excess fuel that is not used by the injectors has to be returned to the tank. The return pipe runs from the opposite end of the fuel rain and into the top of the fuel tank.
Hope that helps.
Dave

the moa 2

posted on 20/8/06 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yes it does thanks but to confirm:

My tank has the pump fitted at the bottom which i will fit to the main inlet on the fuel rail i then have a smaller pipe coming back from the carbs into the fuel regulator/seperator and then from there back into the top of my fuel tank.

Will i need a breather on top of the fuel tank aswell as the fuel return inlet?

wheezy

posted on 20/8/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes thats correct. I have my pump fitted in a slight well at the bottom of the tank to retain a bit of fuel during cornering. The fuel return line goes into the top of the tank directly above the pump.
You will need a vent in the tank as well to allow for air expansion.

Dave

the moa 2

posted on 20/8/06 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate i need to put this second fuel line in then.

Another job to go on the board.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.