Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CVH to V6 Cossie
triumphdave

posted on 21/9/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
CVH to V6 Cossie

I have been offered a cossie granada for a good price,is it realisticly possible to insert it in my rush without too much additional cost bearing in mind a RS1600 cvh running thro a type 9 is in it at the mo.
If not it might make a good swap for something more straight forward transplant wise what do you think?.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

MkIndy7

posted on 21/9/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
There was I believe a Dax Rush with the Cossie V6 at the Donnington show.

Sure I've seen it on Ebay before as well, it looked a very tight fit and looked very tall needing a big hump on the bonnet......
Then again they are around the 200BHP mark but parts and gaskets etc are crazy prices!

mookaloid

posted on 21/9/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
that's quite a lot of engine if it's not a lot of money
ned

posted on 21/9/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
helped run an LM3000 with one of these in at the britcar 24hr, standard internals with decent exhaust and inlet system recon it's running around 240bhp ultra reliable (well the engine was anyway!) it is a heavy lump though but is certainly cheap power.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 21/9/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I read a thread earlier today saying that a ford V6 weighs more than a rover V8. Might you be better off with a 2.0 zetec. Slightly less power than the V6 but a bit less weight.
triumphdave

posted on 21/9/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your imput guys,I thought it might be tight,Tall,heavy,then theres sorting exhausts,etc,Its just my mate is scrapping the car,but the engines good,said i could have the engine if i took it out ,just give him the scrap value of the car,It might still be worth my while having it to see if i can swap it at a later date for something more suitable.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

froggy

posted on 21/9/06 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
theres always a market for that motor could be a nice drink in it for you if you get the engine loom and ecu as well
Liam

posted on 21/9/06 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Also bear in mind that your existing box wont fit the V6. You need a V6 type-9/MT75.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 22/9/06 at 04:26 AM Reply With Quote
So that will be, Engine, Gearbox, Wiring loom AND ECU('s) that you would be needing of the car.
Oh and if its a cossie granada it might have a LSD in it as well, ie grab that while you are at it.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

TL

posted on 22/9/06 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Except that the gearbox will be auto

[Edited on 22/9/06 by TL]

Cheers,

Terry

ned

posted on 22/9/06 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
get a t5 and bolt that up, lovely job

beware, I've got yellow skin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.