posted on 25/9/06 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Robin Hood Still Alive and Kicking

Great British Sports Cars Ltd
7 Oxclose Lane
Mansfield Woodhouse
Nott’s NG19 8DF

September 25, 2006
Announcement:

Great British Sports Ltd. is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of all the assets of Robin Hood Sports Cars Ltd, a leading manufacturer of Kit Cars and their components including, chassis, manifolds, suspension, fuel tanks and a wide range of in-house manufactured items.

Included in the purchase is the Lolocost business-a leading supplier of parts to the kit car market.
The team at GBS consists of real kit car enthusiasts (both builders and owners) and has a genuine ambition to re-establish Robin Hood as the number one manufacturer of “affordable” British sports cars.

The business was acquired by Ian Rowley and Richard Hall and all of the Robin Hood employees have been retained.
The former owners of Robin Hood and its parent companies are not involved in GBS Ltd and have played no part in its formation or in its funding.

The priority for the GBS team will be the launch of the new Hood chassis later this year and the servicing of both existing and new customer requirements.

Robin Hood cars will continue to be sold under their current model names and the full range of historical and current model parts are available.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us using the original Robin Hood numbers and e-mail addresses.
Tel 01623 422286 (general enquiries) 01623 420734 (Lolocost parts)
E-Mail info@robinhoodsportscars.co.uk

Sincerely,

Ian K Rowley
Managing Director

Richard Hall
Technical Director

scotmac

posted on 25/9/06 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Here is the link to the announcement:
http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=13420&hl=

scotmac

posted on 25/9/06 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
And here are some pictures of the new "Hood" mentioned in the announcement. Note the in house developed IRS and push-rod inboards!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/rhocareast/robinhoodcars.htm#75650694

graememk

posted on 25/9/06 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
well thats good news
Simon

posted on 25/9/06 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
"The former owners of Robin Hood and its parent companies are not involved in GBS Ltd and have played no part in its formation or in its funding."

Which I understand to mean "up yours to anyone the previous management upset."

Or am I being cynical

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 25/9/06 by Simon]

scotty g

posted on 25/9/06 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
That new chassis was shown at Detling, its bally huge, will put the Viento to shame!
I don't think anyone is being cynical just realistic

Jubal

posted on 25/9/06 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
"The former owners of Robin Hood and its parent companies are not involved in GBS Ltd and have played no part in its formation or in its funding."

Or am I being cynical

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 25/9/06 by Simon]

I took it to mean that they are deliberately distancing themselves from the previous management team. Now whether that's due to the number of people upset by 'em is another matter...

Catpuss

posted on 25/9/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

I guess it means that the bloke who owned half shares and the company that he owned that owned the other half don't have anything to do with it any more.

Which from what some have said may be quite a good thing as they may just start to have customer service again.

scotmac

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Catpuss is correct. Prior to this announcement i had guessed that the take-over by GBS was just a shuffling, in order to allow Segal to get RHSC out of under the "insolvancy" of his parent company.

That statement about "no association" is probably just to say very clearly that my guess was wrong!!!

[Edited on 26/9/06 by scotmac]

David Jenkins

posted on 26/9/06 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
From the other post that's just arrived in this forum area, GBS are having a factory clearout next weekend...

Simon

posted on 26/9/06 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
From the other post that's just arrived in this forum area, GBS are having a factory clearout next weekend...

So next week they'll be selling double glazing

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.