Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Starbucks
chrisf

posted on 6/10/06 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Starbucks

Has Starbucks gained much traction in the UK market? They are predicting 40k total stores with no sighns of slowing. We have 3 stores within a square mile, and area is only 1/4 the way developed.

--Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 6/10/06 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
There's at least 3 within the city walls in York - and York is a very small city!

smart51

posted on 6/10/06 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
There are 5 in the city centre of Birmingham - you could walk passed them all withing 1/2 an hour. They're all busy most of the time too.
chockymonster

posted on 6/10/06 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
There's almost one on every corner in London.
We also have the only Starbucks in the world that you can be guaranteed to get someone that can't speak English

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisf

posted on 6/10/06 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

There's almost one on every corner in London.

That's how it is here in Texas as well. It's amazing to me how well they do. To double their store number seems like too much. In my town, there is a Starbucks for every 8,000 people!

How does Starbucks do on the continent?

--Chris

chockymonster

posted on 6/10/06 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisf
How does Starbucks do on the continent?

--Chris

Not as dense, mainly in the larger cities. France only has a few in Paris.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

James

posted on 6/10/06 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
I don't go in on principle!

I can't stand the way every blinkin town looks the same- if you must buy coffee... support your local independent coffee shop!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 6/10/06 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
i don't drink coffee!!

beware, I've got yellow skin

Hellfire

posted on 6/10/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
I don't go in on principle!

I can't stand the way every blinkin town looks the same- if you must buy coffee... support your local independent coffee shop!

Cheers,
James

Exactly how I fee James BUT the locals need to improve quality to get my business as SB is pretty good! C'mon localies, give me a reason NOT to go!

Steve

Marcus

posted on 6/10/06 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
There's even a Starbucks in Doncaster now - they're taking over the world!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

chrisf

posted on 6/10/06 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
American imperialism at its finest! Still, I'm surprised they've made such headway overseas. We Americans seem to have a penchant for over indulgence (who knew?). A 20 oz cup of coffee makes sense to me, but I didn't think other markets would be so kind.

Thanks for the info gents!

--Chris

MattCraneCustoms

posted on 6/10/06 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
One thing I think we don't have enough of over here are those Donut shops you seem to see all over america (well, on TV anyway) the only one I know of here is called Krispy Kreme, and the donuts are incredible. Thats what we need more than starbucks!!!
smart51

posted on 6/10/06 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Donuts? Deep fried cake? Why would you want that? I've seen them in detroit. 100 varaieties. Just how do you get 100 varieties.

I like starbucks and I don't even like coffee. It's a really nice place to sit unlike your typical english greasy spoon. It's just a shame they stopped doing chocolate cheescake.

StevieB

posted on 6/10/06 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
American giant coffee's and donut diets? We're rapidly becoming the 51st State.

I'll be in the shed putting the shotgun to my head!

DIY Si

posted on 6/10/06 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've never been in as I would rather just go sit in a park or simialr for 20 mins and breathe in some fresh(er) air. But I'm a country bumpkin so may just be a little odd.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Oliver Coles

posted on 6/10/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Its the same with that subway chain. there spring up every where. Oh well, thats capitalism for you.
Fozzie

posted on 7/10/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
1 in Walton-on-Thames within Sainsburys and
1 in Weybridge High Street (about 2 miles away from the one in Walton).

Not quite as good as the coffee at the Dome coffee houses around Perth, Western Oz... IMHO

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.