Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay question
Russ-Turner

posted on 22/10/06 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
eBay question

Hi folks.

Unfortunately I need to sell quite an expensive piece of Formula One memorabilia on the Bay of e to help fund the rest of my time away at college. Although I didn't buy it to make a profit on it I am totally skint and have no choice. So what I need to know is if I list something on eBay.co.uk will it be visible to people all over the world? and if not does anyone know how to make this possible? Will it do it automatically if you say you are willing to post to these destinations, because I need as much exposure as possible for it.
Thanks in advance,
Russ.

[Edited on 22/10/06 by Russ-Turner]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
you set the options to post to other countries.
That then makes it appear on the other ebays.
The problem is local users have the search set to thier locality and it screens out you ad

peterriley2

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
what is it your selling? (if i can be so nosy!)

Joel

If you dont respect yourself, dont expect respect from anyone else
Live your dreams, dont dream your life
Women only want you for one thing- everything!

marcjagman

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
You can, as said, put post world wide and also available to UK, don't forget to put a reserve on it.
Russ-Turner

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peterriley2
what is it your selling? (if i can be so nosy!)

It's the rear sidepod from Michael Schumacher's 1996 Ferrari F310. This was on the car when he took it to all three victories that year and so is the only one in existence. Signed by Schuey, Jody Sheckter and Ross Brawn. All with official doccumentation from Maranello Concessionaires Ltd.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Russ-Turner

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
The problem is local users have the search set to thier locality and it screens out you ad

Bugger!

donut

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
How much do you think it's worth?

Awesome bit of memorabillia

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Russ-Turner

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had it valued but I paid £3,000 for it in London when I was alot younger and the only thing I had to worry about was where the next pint was coming from,but I will need at least £2,500 back for it. To be honest I always thought it would be something that I would pass on to my kids and hopefully them onto theirs but the government don't seem to want to help you out if you are returning to full time education when you're twenty four. I've had a request for three different loans / grants refused for various reasons so this is my last hope without getting into debt with anyone really. It's a crapper because I've just got a work placement with Triple 8 Race Engineering, who run Vauxhall in the B.T.C.C. as part of my course (unpaid) but if I can't afford to live up there there isn't much point. Gripe over

[Edited on 22/10/06 by Russ-Turner]

StevieB

posted on 22/10/06 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
On the brighter side of things - you're selling a piece of motorsport memorobelia so you can become part of the history, rather than just owning a piece of it!
Russ-Turner

posted on 23/10/06 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
She's saved!!! A generous donor has stepped in at the eleventh hour to help me put food on my rickety, student table.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.