Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New MNR Bodywork
marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
New MNR Bodywork

Hope its been worth waiting for,

Some low res images of the new bodywork. ( the Light was faiding fast and it was raining !!! )

New Front corner
New Front corner

New Nose Front
New Nose Front

New Nose Side
New Nose Side

Regards

Marc N

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Would be intrigued to see what it looks like without those bulky cross beams and just the 2 front intakes.
marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
its ok chris did think it might not be to everyones taste
old shape is still made,
this has quite a few advantages over the old namely greater area for bigger rad and oil cooler, also lower frontal area and also frontal surface area
the new nose, bonnet and scuttle are even better quality especially the shut lines puts 99 % of production cars to shame

will take a pic to show the shut lines in a min

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey that is a change!

Looks DonkeyVoort ish. I think the original nose cone was probably more traditional and henced look 'right'. Will both styles of nose cone be available? Or would it be a change that is consistent for all VortX's?

Why the change by the way? Any aerodynamic or mechanical advantage?

Your continual development of this type of car must be applauded though.

Take it easy,

Chris.

P.S. Next weekends looking like it maybe the first 'test' drive! Fingers crossed for no rain!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well,I like it,gives the car a aggresive look,gives it that finished off look,better than a bit of wire mesh like most sevens
smart51

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
The wider rear of the nose cone covers the nuts and bolts well for SVA. My wife, a farmer's daughter, says the front reminds her of the front of a tractor. It's the "chin" that does it.
marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

My wife, a farmer's daughter, says the front reminds her of the front of a tractor

with me racing it next year im sure it may travel across the odd grass area

marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
the old shape nose is having a bit of tweaking done at the moment to include a similar slot style grill and badge area to save the wire mesh treatment. or of course you can remove that area and just use mesh
we also have a new agent who we are currently building two demo cars for him to place in his showroom located just near wetherby alongside some rather fine ferraris and lotus's

[Edited on 11/11/06 by marc n]

smuty

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
saw it in the flesh on friday (not finished) i think it looks great
Pdlewis

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I think it looks awsome as marc said the lines look perfect and the nose gives it a really aggresive look
MikeR

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
i think i like it - didn't for the first few seconds till i saw the other pics - not sure about the slot though, think i'd prefer it all the same ovel with the grill bars in. Reminds me of an old ferrari (i think).
marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
the main reason for the grill slats was to give it a bit of a production car look / integration, also saves time building too as you dont have to worry about mesh, the grills have been made with the option of removing them without trace leaving just the central slat for the badge to be mounted

marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
i really apprieciate the feedback guys good and bad, this is the driving force for all our upgrades, alterations we make

TimC

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Where do I sign????

Oh, I already have!

Please do not change it again before you make my GRP. I love it!

TC

mark.s

posted on 11/11/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
its not for me, i'll be honest. i think your MNR looks the nuts with all your other mods youve done a lovley job ...but not the grill.....but thats just me, sorry

chers mark

Andy W

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I like it, just not sure it would look as good with a number plate on, could you have made the middle section the same width as a plate?

Andy

zzr1100rick2

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
the nose looks very close to the ground will it clear speed bumps
looks great by the way

marc n

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

the nose looks very close to the ground will it clear speed bumps

sorry forgot to say the car is my racecar and is set to run at rgb regs ride height wise

the idea for no. plate is a sticky one / bike size no plate

Krismc

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Looks really good cant wait to see it in some other colours.

Would like to see one with just the centeral bar left in and the others cut away as well.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Agriv8

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
The photos dont really do it justice. it does give a really agresive look it would look nice in black .

But I like it - I supose the new nose is a bit like marmite ( you love it or hate it no inbetween ).

Will assist those that need to run an oil cooler. and thos need BIG rad.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Hellfire

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Quality of it looks great as usual, just not quite sure about the shape. Not particularly keen on it at the moment but maybe it will grow on me as I see a few more.

Phil

arrybradbury

posted on 11/11/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
love it
James

posted on 11/11/06 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Think it looks really good.
Well done.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

D Beddows

posted on 11/11/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Once you've got over the initial shock the front looks great.....you are ready for the 'ripping off Donkervoort' comments though I hope? . Looking at the first photo though the front seems to makes the back look wrong/unfinished/agricultural somehow now (struggling to think of the right adjective.....)
JoelP

posted on 11/11/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
i think its an excellent improvement.
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.