Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: alternator help needed
tractorboy

posted on 14/11/06 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
alternator help needed

hi guys i have a quick question to pick your brains. i am running a 2 ltr pinto powered avon . last week the alternator decided to sh## its self , the plug connector worked loose inside the unit followed by nasty smells and un-soldered itself! the alternator was a lucas 101 , is there an alternative i can use ( space being the problem) is there one i can go and get from a scrappy ? thanks scott
Peteff

posted on 14/11/06 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
I think the one on mine is a 17 ACR common to a lot of cars. In theory as long as the pulley lines up you should be alright with any alternator on a 7 as there are no heavy loads.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

johnjulie

posted on 15/11/06 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Lucas 17 or 18 ACR will fit, plus lots of others. Make sure you specify what engine it's for as they are handed, ie some fit on the right, some on the left.
You may find the problem was caused by to much heat from the exhaust manifold. Use some thermal tape on the manifold, or make some sort of shield,
Cheers John

JFDI
"Just F*****G Do It"

02GF74

posted on 16/11/06 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnjulie
Lucas 17 or 18 ACR will fit, plus lots of others. Make sure you specify what engine it's for as they are handed, ie some fit on the right, some on the left.

doesn't matter - these and the A127 type have 3 long bolts hoding the two casings together, you can undo the bolts, rotate one csing to give either left or right hand orientation.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.