Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Ground clearence
donut

posted on 6/6/03 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ground clearence

How much clearence have you guy's got under your sump? Also (using Gaz shocks) where have you set these i.e. how many threads showing at the bottom and how many clicks on the hardness knoby thing!!!

BTW.. i'm using a pinto

Cheers

Andy

[Edited on 6/6/03 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 6/6/03 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
you need about 4" under the sump,twiddle the springy things till its level all the way round then click the clicky bits to about half way(ie not fully open and not fully closed but aproxamatley half way)and try it up the road

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

donut

posted on 6/6/03 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Will do john, let's just hope i can get it off my drive!!

Andy - the concerned one!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 6/6/03 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Dear Mr Nut
Which Pinto is it? i.e. 2.0 or 1.6. And surely you have had the sump chopped? Youll not have enough clearance unless you do!

donut

posted on 7/6/03 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhh, good day Mr Wong!!(Locodude)

The heavy iron bit under the bonnet is a 2litre and yes the sump has been mullered. At the mo i have 2.5" but the front has not been touched yet si i guess another couple of inches will not be a problem. The trouble is that my drive goes up hill from my garage the flat at the top so the car could ground!

A bit of trial and error is called for i guess.

Andy

Andy

bob

posted on 7/6/03 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
WHOOOOPS

Mine grounds coming out of the garage :so i think i'll make a slight modification to the drive and chop a bit off the bottom of the back gates.

More work

Peteff

posted on 7/6/03 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Put a couple of scaffold battens down on the top so when you drive up you run onto them. When you get over the apex you will seesaw down and run off the battens onto the flat bit. Tell us when you do it and we'll come and watch.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

tr

posted on 7/6/03 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Chop the sump

If I was insterested in, say, shortening the sump, would this be a good guide?

http://www.rhocar.org.uk/buildtipz/021.shtml

Or are there better guides available?

tr

Mark Allanson

posted on 7/6/03 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
The funny little box thing will get in the way of your clutch cable on the O/S, or the starter on the N/S and the engine mounts on both sides.

It will make the engine more difficult to remove if necesary and offend the average style consious hedgehog

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.