Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 info required
muller

posted on 6/12/06 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Type 9 info required

I need to replace the clutch on my Birkin (4age mated to a type 9 GB)

I used to have the sierra haynes manual in PDF format, but cant find it anywhere now that I need it and website that used to host them is down.

Can anyone help me with the transmission section of the haynes manual?

Thanks

mookaloid

posted on 6/12/06 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
What do you want to know? the Haynes manual won't be a lot of help with that engine/box combination.

Should be fairly straightforward - the tricky bit will be making sure you get the right parts.

Probably you will need to take the engine and box right out to split them. after that it should be obvious how to do it.

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Gazza

posted on 6/12/06 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Might be an idea to get in touch with RAW Engineering in the UK [or RAW Striker as I think they are called now] - I've got the same engine box combo as you - all my parts where from RAW so they would be able to perhaps point you in teh right direction regards a clutch......

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

snapper

posted on 6/12/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
What flywheel have you got? if its a 4age flywheel then the clutch cover/pressure plate will be one off the Toyota parts shelf and the clutch plate will be a 23 spline off the fords part shelf thrust bearing could be ford one or a modification.
In your position i would strip down as normal and go to the friendly carparts factors and see what they can find, some of these guys can tell the part numbers from the smell.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

muller

posted on 7/12/06 at 05:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
What flywheel have you got? if its a 4age flywheel then the clutch cover/pressure plate will be one off the Toyota parts shelf and the clutch plate will be a 23 spline off the fords part shelf thrust bearing could be ford one or a modification.
In your position i would strip down as normal and go to the friendly carparts factors and see what they can find, some of these guys can tell the part numbers from the smell.

Thanks, that is what I'm going to do

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.