Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Succesfull GT1 test day
locodude

posted on 10/6/03 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Succesfull GT1 test day

A succesfull day was had at Donnington today (well it was up until I left anyhoo). Car ran faultlessly and we had time to do a few mods to the suspension which resulted in the car dropping well in to the 1.23's. There were also some lovely cars there too, most notably several ex Formula 1 cars including the saudia williams a brabham and a lotus to name but a few. Glad to say they wew in a different group to Jon, who seemed to be easily the quickest car in his group! I also met the perfect woman. She is studying to be a vet but is going to race a single seater in the monoposto series with her dad. When she finishes her studies she's going to give it all up and come and look after me I don't think

[Edited on 10/6/03 by locodude]

[Edited on 10/6/03 by locodude]

bob

posted on 10/6/03 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
CHRIS

looks like she's bin going like the clappers i mean the GT1 mate. LOL

Nice totty though,got to admit i am so far impressed with your choice of woman.
Like at autosport show both our jaws dropped at the same bird.

locodude

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Grey dress and black boots with long aubern hair luuuverly!
It seems we have the same taste in women! Pity they don't have it in us!
The girl at donnington today was very nice tho', quite chatty. Must have felt sorry for me!

Jon Ison

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, you forgot to mention the slap u got when you offerd to do up the "crotch strap" on her 5 point............

Metal Hippy

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
I was gonna suggest she was probably a slapper, looks like that'd be pretty pointless now...

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

Jon Ison

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
oh just to put times into prespective, there was a 1500cc busa powerd Radical on slicks doing 1.19s so we well happy, till it pi55ed down that is.........

bob

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
CHRIS

Yep,grey dress and bootsi liked that.

locodude

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
You still need to shave 1.5 secs off at Donnington tho' to be truly competitive, should come in race conditions when at least the you know which way the traffic's gonna go and you can overtake on either side! I have the utmost confidence! Now get your finger out!!!!!!!!!

Jon Ison

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
this is true, but my excuse is on the day the track conditions dictate the pace, hence a slick's n wing shod rocket propell'd radical was the yard stick and it would not have won the last round at donnington on that pace.......

now where's them Le~mans tickets...cos that all i wanna fink about from now till thurs.........

Alan B

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locodude
....... She is studying to be a vet .......When she finishes her studies she's going to ......come and look after me..........

Hmmm?...not sure what to make of that

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
He's a Dog.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

bob

posted on 10/6/03 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
And as it happens a dog thats already been to the vets.LOL

ned

posted on 11/6/03 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Mr Ison,

as someone who mechanics in a series where several radicals run(1300 & 1500 prosports, the occassional sr3) I think you'd fid it hard to match them with the bird engine. (that is what you run isn't it)

To give a 'level' playing field you'd need to run a busa engine, I believe they produce more torque/bit more power than a bird?
(some radical do have fettled engines too!)

Yes I know they're v.expensive before everyone jumps on me.

Sounds like the development of the car is progressing well.

Good luck at your next meeting, wherever it is.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 11/6/03 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Ned........

if you read the posts i was just over 4 secs slower than the radical and was very HAPPY to be that close, that was the yard stick as i said track conditions dictate the pace and on any day whatever the times the radicals are normaly 4-5 secs quicker than a top half of the field RGB racer, not for one minute would i expect to get near it.

I was allso 18 secs slower than an F1 williams that competes in the BOSS series again he was 6 secs off the BOSS lap record see where i'm coming from, everyone was slower yesterday, but 4-5 secs behind the Radical, what ever the times was about rite.

Bit like agolf handicap i guess, if he gave me a 5 sec start we wouls cross the line togethor, just where i would need to to be on or around the pace.

ned

posted on 12/6/03 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Mr Ison,

Sorry if I'd mis-read/related your post, I did mean that you must've been going well, it's always nice to have a 'level playing field' though! (BOSS F1 excluded!!)

Carry on the MK racing flagship....

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

I love speed :-P

posted on 12/6/03 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Does any1 have any info on the radical
ie pictures and prices?

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.