Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Halfords Trade Card
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 20/12/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords Trade Card

As kitcar / scratch builders, are we entitled to getting a halfords trade card? I've got a list of tools I want from their pro range (8 - 60Nm Torque Wrench most of all) And would prefer to get the discount. I'm studying Motorsport engineering too, so I'd have though that would help the cause. Anyone got one? Some inside info on how to blag one would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Matt

oliwb

posted on 20/12/06 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
You need either:
- a mechanic type qualification, or
- proof that you own/work for a moto mechanic type business,
I persuaded a mate who owned his own business down south to write me a letter saying I was his northern arm of the business (complete with Vat no etc) which was fine with Halfords.....I also "created" my own psuedo company which proves very useful at times! At the end of the day the trade card decision is upto the random employee you meet on the day....they don't really send anything off like proof or anything so give it a go and if it don't work try again in a less honest way! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robinj66

posted on 20/12/06 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I asked aboutit down here and told them I didn't have any of the above - apparantly the manager has discretion to issue a Trade Card but will want to see receipts for lots of tools/parts in recent months
greggors84

posted on 20/12/06 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been told by people on my course that they got one by showing their NUS card with course (Automotive Eng) written on it.

I got mine when I was at Nissan (working in an office!) Its all down to the discression of the person behind the counter. Just go down there and ask, if they say no, try another one near by.

Ill ask my housemate what they accept at the one in Oxford, he works there.

Edited to say definately worth coming up with a way to get one. The discount on tools isnt the best part, around 20% on pro i think. Ive managed to get a £17 set of HT leads for £6 before. It seems quite random what the discount is, but its always good and they wil price match any part within a certain milage, even trade counters.

[Edited on 20/12/2006 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

smuty

posted on 20/12/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Went along to my local Halfords spoke to the parts manager told him what i was building and i also buy tools for work and he sorted me one out there and then, and get a very nice discount.
minordelay

posted on 20/12/06 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
When I got mine they needed to see a couple of household bills proof of ID etc, but no real problems. They asked me to send down the students to register too, we have about 100 on the various automotive programs so that would be a good earner for them.
brashhighlander

posted on 20/12/06 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Same subject but different supplier, has anyone managed to get a trade account at dingbro or Partco. If so is their a substantial saving to be made.
emsfactory

posted on 21/12/06 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I got one for Halfords.
Just wrote a letter saying
Dear such and such
please issue bla bla, from such and such custom cars, with a trade card.
Any queries please contact me at bla bla bla.

They hardly even read it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.