Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Santa pod
PAUL FISHER

posted on 15/1/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Santa pod

Just got a email from Santa pod,saying there"run what you brung"days are starting again,on the 21st of Jan,if its not snowing I suspect ,great fun if you have never tried it,and only £30 for as many runs as you want,you may have to go some to beat last years castrol challege time for a street legal car,8.6 sec,with a 179mph terminal 1/4,check out the site at www.rwyb.co.uk,there's a list of last years best times,our very own Chris Mason,managed a 19th position I think it was,in his S2000 indy,and we only went down once in the middle of winter,it was freezing,but we enjoyed it,there's a registration section to complete it costs nothing,I am sure there will be a few MK indys,MK sprint R's,and other locosts down there this year trying to beat Chris Masons time the challege is on

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

mark.s

posted on 15/1/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason

i'm hoping to be in the 11's this year with the sprint R,
hopefully the better aero should help with top end

having said that i might need to hit 10's to be your new beast Paul

should be an interesting day up at York this year too, looks like Mark (Carnut) may have some competition

Chris

....what new beast

let us know if you go, its just up the road for us, be good to see the cars and meet the people who drive em

cheers mark

Hellfire

posted on 15/1/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody got a cheap turbo for a ZX12R.......

Reckon we might need one to keep up with the competition this year at Santa Pod.....

Phil

jacko

posted on 15/1/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
You will be ok Phil!!!!! I am not going
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 15/1/07 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12 with NOS,that would even things up me thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Anybody got a cheap turbo for a ZX12R.......

Reckon we might need one to keep up with the competition this year at Santa Pod.....

Phil

Toady1

posted on 17/1/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
argh!!!!! all this talk and mines in bits!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/1/07 at 04:30 AM Reply With Quote
There will be plenty of time over the summer Toady1,your car with a 954 blade should run a 13.2,with a 102mph terminal,thats what Graham L's 954 blade ran at york,quicker than the R1 I was driving on the day,I could not get better than a 13.5
Toady1

posted on 22/1/07 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
yup, which is why im trying to get it done sharpish! Makes me think it'll be pretty good with those figures! Even my 330+bhp pulsar best was a 12.8!
zxrlocost

posted on 22/1/07 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
raced a few pulsars in my r1 BEC one was about that power up to about 70 and round any bend there is no comparison BEC all day

but after 70mph the aero dynamics v's the power of the pulsar puts it about equal

good cars I like em

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Toady1

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
yeh it was a good car, especially after id rebuilt the engine with forged internals to run over 450bhp! doah! knew i shouldnt have sold it! I work on a guys in my town for him which he uses a lot for track, he's spent loads on suspension and stuff but it still understeers! Only prob with them-too much front end weight. Its a very quick car still on track only running 330bhp too! Cant wait to give him some hasle in the indy954!
Toady1

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
what were peoples times anyway?
Hellfire

posted on 25/1/07 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
These results are from York dragway last year.

11.727 NOS Blackbird BEC
12.123 Nissan 200SX CEC
12.138 Honda S2000 CEC
12.523 ZX12R BEC
12.900 GSXR1000 K2 BEC
13.128 ZX9R BEC
13.274 Fazer 1000 BEC
13.280 954 Blade BEC
13.522 893 Blade BEC
13.555 893 Blade BEC
13.557 R1 BEC
14.131 ZX9R BEC
14.140 Tuned Pinto CEC
14.494 893 Blade BEC
14.675 Tuned Pinto CEC
14.740 2.0 Zetec CEC
14.803 1.6 Toyota CEC
15.260 Pinto CEC

Phil

Toady1

posted on 25/1/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
cheers hellfire, we got any results from pod?
Hellfire

posted on 25/1/07 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Some results from Santa Pod. Chris Mason, ourselves and Paul Fisher took part in the Castrol Challenge2006 and finished 19th, 22nd and 36th respectively overall. Not bad bearing in mind it was in March last year and extremely cold.

12.740 Honda S2000 CEC
12.986 Kawasaki ZX12R BEC
13.861 929 Fireblade BEC

2006 Castrol Challenge Table

Phil

[Edited on 25-1-07 by Hellfire]

welderman

posted on 25/1/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations to Andy Frost who took the 2006 Castrol Challenge title on the last weekend of the year with a time of 8.658s and as Andy competes in Street Eliminator there is no doubt that his Vauxhall is fully street legal, in fact it is claimed to be the fastest street legal car in the world. The 2006 season saw the lead of the Castrol Challenge change hands several times with tuned Japanese, American muscle and British sportsman cars all fighting it out to be top of the table.

Good of him to show up in that to take the 500 pound on the last weekened. Easy money.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Wadders

posted on 25/1/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I know it's *cough* street legal, as iv'e seen the tax disc, but imagine if he pulled along side you at the lights Its so noisy it makes your chest hurt great result tho, and well deserved.

Al.

Originally posted by welderman
Congratulations to Andy Frost who took the 2006 Castrol Challenge title on the last weekend of the year with a time of 8.658s and as Andy competes in Street Eliminator there is no doubt that his Vauxhall is fully street legal, in fact it is claimed to be the fastest street legal car in the world. The 2006 season saw the lead of the Castrol Challenge change hands several times with tuned Japanese, American muscle and British sportsman cars all fighting it out to be top of the table.

Good of him to show up in that to take the 500 pound on the last weekened. Easy money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.