Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Darren (GTS)
thunderace

posted on 17/1/07 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Darren (GTS)

I PAID FOR STUFF AT XMASS AND ONLY GET THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL..

Hi,

Thanks for contacting GTS.

As of mid-day December 19th 2006, i will be away on business in Bahrain. I will
return on Christmas Eve. We are trying our best to send out all our current
orders prior to the Christmas break. If you need to contact GTS then please call
the workshop on 01474 707071.

Orders placed this week, are unlikely to be delivered now until the first week
Jan '07.

Kind regards,

Darren George
GTS Tuning

IS HE OFF SICK OR SOMETHING....

stevec

posted on 17/1/07 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cue Mark,
RazMan

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Oooh where's me popcorn !

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Oooh where's me popcorn !

You can share mine, I always keep some handy for times like this...

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

graememk

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
wheres the man with the bat phone when you need him.

mookaloid

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried calling the workshop on 01474 707071?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

locoboy

posted on 18/1/07 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
MArk has withdrawn his offer of help as he feels he gets nothing but poo on here so he is only willing to give advice on the forum.

I too am trying to get stuff from GTS see HERE

I have contacted Darren since my thread was posted but im still none the wiser about the whereabouts of my goods.

ATB
Locoboy

Agriv8

posted on 18/1/07 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I am sure someone said he was at Autosport. there was the GTS on the Rally design stand so I suspect he was not too far away.

have you tried posting on the GTS forum ?

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Hellfire

posted on 18/1/07 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest - as a long standing member of this forum, I have never seen so many negative postings about a supplier than GTS.

I'm constantly surprised that people continue to give GTS their money and get nothing in return apart from a a non answered call; (business and mobile) a mass of unanswered emails and then it ends up on this forum - "Darren where are you?".

Stop buying from the company/man and your winging will cease.

Sorry Darren - as we are one of your satisfied customers, but to be honest m8, your service is abhorent...

Steve

<Runs for cover>

garage19

posted on 18/1/07 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I can confirm the illusive Darren was at the Autosport show on Friday (trade day).

I wish the GTS customers the best luck in the world. After wrong defective parts were sent it took me 3 months to get my money back.

flak monkey

posted on 18/1/07 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Some parts are a minimum of 28days lead time, other stock parts are usually delivered within a couple of weeks.

If you did order them at xmas its a bit early to be shouting about them already.

Phone him on his mobile or workshop phone in the afternoon and you might get through. I dont think some people realise how long it takes to answer 100s of emails and phone calls everyday. If every one was answered then nothing productive would get done. I am not saying this is an excuse, but its true. And the solution is obviously employ someone to deal with customer communication, but this substantially increases overhead. Swings and roundabouts.

Maybe I am just lucky, but then I dont go around shouting my head off about how bad GTS is, when I have no reason to.

Rgds,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Syd Bridge

posted on 18/1/07 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
...... I dont think some people realise how long it takes to answer 100s of emails and phone calls everyday. If every one was answered then nothing productive would get done. ............
David

I've been through this myself.

The trick is called 'an employee'. People who you delegate work and a level of responsibility to.

Darren may need to learn the benefits of well trained employees.

Cheers,
Syd.

jamesg20

posted on 18/1/07 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
If you have paid and parts don't arrive, and the company is non contactable, issue a winding up order, that should get things moving.

I don't know why people seem to tolerate service from suppliers in a niche market that would have had them in court months ago in any other line of business. Too many times in this market i read similar stories, and also the paying of goods upfront, long wait.... company goes pop. I think sometimes purchases in this market are made with the heart rather than the head, but people should take every precaution (if not more) in this market as they would buying any other product.

This is not aimed at GTS, I don't know them and have no dealing with them, it's general advice for anyone in the hope that it can save someone loosing out on chunks of money through situations which are easily avoidable - something we seem to be reading more about in this market day by day.

oily85

posted on 18/1/07 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I've just spoken to Darren, he said he's in the middle of packing quite a few orders, mine included.
I paid for mine on October 31st, but when I rang last week, they said they'd had some problems with suppliers for suspension parts, which had put them back a few weeks.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 18/1/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I just spoke to Darren 11.25am and it seems like business post has lost my rear panel and a new one was gelled up as we spoke.

So all being well i should see it in a few days.

ATB
Locoboy

westf27

posted on 18/1/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
what does this company offer, that most others do not,maybe thats why people continue to order from them.I couldnt work like that,almost frightened to pick up the phone

zxrlocost

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
business post has lost it hehe!!!

come on everyone thats the oldest one is the book

and ordered on 31st october ?

but hes the one in a deal with rally design and a ever growing catalogue

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

oily85

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest, I'm not too bothered about how long it's taken, it's not really holding my build up enormously, I've got other things to get on with, and I have a relative in the kit car business, so I know how orders can get on top of you.
AdamR

posted on 18/1/07 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
what does this company offer, that most others do not...

Quite a lot if you're building a +4: de-dion and other suspension bits, but most importantly the W7DE bodywork.

IMO if GTS had more competition in this area Darren would be forced to sort out the customer service issues.

For the record, I've had some stuff from GTS and was not disappointed. I did adjust my expectations in line with what I'd read on here though... i.e. good quality stuff but be prepared to wait for it and chase up as necessary.

[Edited on 18/1/07 by AdamR]

mike4444244

posted on 18/1/07 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I had to take him to court to get a refund, it took 8 months to sort out in the end, it substantially held up my build, all he had to do was be honest and tell me what parts he couldn't get hold of and refund the cost of them, instead he constantly fobbed me off with endless excuses. A solicitors letter got the parts and a refund of the missing ones within a week!
Mike

110 Defender

MattCraneCustoms

posted on 18/1/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
so if I buy stuff like the poly bush kit to fit GTS wishbones and some other stuff from rally design, can they not ensure it arrives on time? Surely they'd have to ensure a reasonable delivery date? I have a few bits to buy, as I managed to get some GTS bones, but I'll do my best to avoid going to them direct, just due to what I've heard on here.
Regards
Matt

TimC

posted on 18/1/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattCraneCustoms
I wish my chassis tubes were emo's, so they'd cut themselves

Quality.

damien

posted on 18/1/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
the more a read about gts the more im put off.
im swinging towards mk alot more now

Micael

posted on 18/1/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike4444244
I had to take him to court to get a refund, it took 8 months to sort out in the end, it substantially held up my build, all he had to do was be honest and tell me what parts he couldn't get hold of and refund the cost of them, instead he constantly fobbed me off with endless excuses. A solicitors letter got the parts and a refund of the missing ones within a week!
Mike

I'm thinking of going this route myself as he still owe me 1£

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

Kelvin

posted on 19/1/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I've watched these threads with interest as I'm nearly at the stage of getting another kit build together and I do really like the look of the Lotus 11-esq.

I must make it clear that I haven't tried to contact GTS via phone, email etc, so I have no axe to grind, no parts outstanding, no money owed. I have spoken to them at Brands and they seemed like nice, chatty, knowledgeable people.

However, I just cannot feel comfortable about dealing with a company where a happy customer feels able to post this;

quote:

Some parts are a minimum of 28days lead time, other stock parts are usually delivered within a couple of weeks.

A stock item, to me, is an item that is on your shelves ready to send out, or at the very least available to you as a vendor on a next day basis. If I was to order a stock item I would expect it to be with me much much quicker than within a couple of weeks.

I understand lead times and I also understand supply & demand and the dangers of keeping excess stock on the shelves, but if you wish to stay in business you have to keep the customer fully informed of lead times and potential hold ups, especially when there is a wealth of choice available to customers. They are the people paying for the future expansion of your business and it's viability in the marketplace.

It seems to me that GTS, as has been mentioned else where, need to bite the bullet and employ someone, it probably only needs one person, maybe on a part time basis, to deal with the shipping out and admin issues. Even an automatic reply to customer emails saying we will deal with your request as soon as possible is a bonus over nothing at all.

Unfortunately, looking through these threads, I have to say I have been put off spending money with GTS, which is a shame, as as I mentioned earlier, they seemed like nice chatty people when I met them, but I cannot put my money and build in the trust of a company that does not seem to appreciate the massive potential and benefits beholden in good customer service. I can't believe I'm the only one to think twice and spend elsewhere.

[Edited on 19/1/07 by Kelvin]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.