Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CXR wheels dimensions
kikiturbo

posted on 18/1/07 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
CXR wheels dimensions

Hello,

may I kindly ask someone with 13 inch CXR's to measure the inside diameter of the wheels, if it's not too much trouble...

I want to buy a set and need to see what exactly I can fit in with regards to brakes, before I send the final brake clearence sheet to compomotive for approval, as compomotive will not send out cross sectional drawings...

best regards

vlado

Coose

posted on 20/1/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
I had a measure of one of my front CXRs (13x6" and it looks like 300mm would give you clearance. Do please bear in mind that this is an approximate measurement as I didn't have the chance to take the wheel off the car, plus I couldn't find any of my many tape measures and all I had to hand was a steel rule.

Hope this helps!

Spin 'er off Well...

kikiturbo

posted on 21/1/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
thx a lot...

300 mm sounds like a good conservative measurement, although I was hoping for more as some wheels I got the cross section for (as Dynamag's etc) were more like 310 mm inside... although CXR loks like best value for money...

I will have a go doing the final upright design with 300 mm, I might adjust later....

cheers

vlado

Coose

posted on 21/1/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
It could easily be as much as 320mm, though as I said I was limited by time and measuring devices to hand.....

Spin 'er off Well...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.