Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress Pic
worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Progress Pic

Hi All,
am pleased with my progress so far, so just thought I'd post a current pic!

cheers,
Steve.

progress
progress

zxrlocost

posted on 22/1/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
looking good mate

dont fit any of the panels till youve done most of the car as you WILL knock them about

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
thanks

thanks very much, but I have to admit they are only on there as I was trimming the boot panel and bonnet down to size!
They are all already back off again and in the shed, whilst I have an honest crack at the wiring...

cheers,
Steve.

RI8CHP

posted on 22/1/07 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
steve

its looking well now mate, are you building it outside? if so its a bit cold for that pal!!!

leon

vinny1275

posted on 22/1/07 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

What colour is that, if you don't mind me asking? It looks similar to what I wanted to use, I might have to re-think a bit..........

Cheers

Vince

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cold outside.........

Yes mate, outside and if you check the build diary, you will see how gazebo's have collapsed on me etc, and I started it in december, so you know I'm cold now!!!
the colour is about as close to this as you can get...

SeaBass

posted on 22/1/07 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Wow - that is a really great colour... When I build something new it's going to be blue...

macnab

posted on 22/1/07 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
and there's me moaning that a little part of my garage floor got wet!

iank

posted on 22/1/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Two words, eye protection! (you only get one set)
Good pair of gloves would be a good plan as well.

Sorry if that sounds preachy

Nice build though

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
wet floor...

mate, your wet garage floor really isn't that bad, I promise you...
(almost) freezing cold water dripping down your neck is not appreciated, but happens often

eye protection is often worn, just not when it's that cold you can't see out of brand new specs... so not to preachy, but not always relevant to me.

02GF74

posted on 22/1/07 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by worX

eye protection is often worn, just not when it's that cold you can't see out of brand new specs... so not to preachy, but not always relevant to me.

often!!?!?!?!? You should ALWAYS wear it when grinding, ideally when drilling too.

read the Feynman book - what you shouod consider is the probability of an accident, most people do, and it low in theis vcase but what people forget is to take into acocount the consequence, in this case high as you can loose an eye.

mandbsheldon

posted on 22/1/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just a point.

It's a good idea to turn the rear shocks inward, so the adjuster is more accessable when you have put the rear wings on.

Leigh

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
thanks

I'd never thought of that, so thanks!

Catpuss

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice.

Is it me or is the pooch nonchalantly walking across the patio to urinate up the rear tressel.

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
doggy

It's you, he always pees on the front one!!!

you know 'cos that way I walk into it more.

bigrich

posted on 22/1/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
looking good steve, just another observation the ally edge trims appear to be on the wrong sides, the curve should cover the inner edge of the fibreglass. i would deffinately turn the damper adjusters inwards on the rear but outwards on the front when you fit them

keep up the good work, Rich

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Rich

It was pointed out in 2 seconds by fesycresy, but he U2U'd me in case I was the sensitive type!HA!
very thoughtful of him, and had a good chat for the first time!

As I told him, the only reason the Ali bits were on were to gauge the positioning of the rear panel and bonnet as I've just trimmed them both down today, ready for being built up finally!

cheers for the comments though they are always greatly appreciated. As are any mistakes that you may spot in my gallery, if you ever get chance to look in there (I know how busy you must be aswell mate!)

I'd be/feel a lot happier if I hadn;t had this damn problem with these driveshafts. I reckon I would of had it on the floor easily by now!

I might be giving you another shout soon just to clarify a few wiring probs! I'll be having a good (and hopefully (nearly) final) look at it tomorrow!

bigrich

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
mmmm wiring, its pretty straight forward on the blade. feel free to ask any questions and i'll do my best to help.

glad you've had a chat with Lyn, met him quite a few times, real nice guy.

i'm a week into the build,floors,allywork rear loom and brakepipes in. steering column and pedals fitted. But i've had a small disaster my rivit gun broke tonight so i called it a night and came online instead

Rich

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
cold

I've just come in mow, as after putting on a second pair of socks, wearing my neck scarf from my biking kit, and two woolly hats, I was still too cold...I've left everything out though, so I'll get right back on it tomorrow.

Just ordered some hose which should be here tomorrow, so Plumbing, Fuel Tank, and wiring are tomorrows to-do's...

Yeah Lyn is spot on isn't he?!!

TimC

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
glad you've had a chat with Lyn, met him quite a few times, real nice guy.

quote:
Originally posted by worX
Yeah Lyn is spot on isn't he?!!

You pair must be joking! I've never met a bloke so unhelpful!

Just kidding mate - can't agree more!!!!

speed8

posted on 22/1/07 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Christ!!! Seeing all these pictures and people starting up again reminds me that I need to get the heating turned on in the garage and clear a bit of room round the car to start working again.
Haven't done a thing for almost 6 months now.

worX

posted on 22/1/07 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
well if it's any incentive speed8, the above pic (more in my gallery) is about 5 weeks worth of work, with time off for xmas/new year etc.

I am pleased with how it's going, but have been a bit lazy on more than a few days, and had quite a few (mini) setbacks. but all in all, really enjoying the build.
hth

DarrenW

posted on 24/1/07 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

i'm a week into the build,floors,allywork rear loom and brakepipes in. steering column and pedals fitted.
Rich

he he he - i thought you would be finished by now. Last time i saw it at Mac#1 it only needed panelling and SVA!!!!!!

I love that colour - very very smart.

worX

posted on 24/1/07 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Darren, I am pleased that I chose it in the end - wasn't 100% sure when I was looking at it on charts and photos etc.
But Mark convinced me, and I am glad he did - I can't wait until the red roll bars are (properly) bolted up as a contrast to the colour!

As for Bigrich, I keep on expecting my "progress pic" to be removed from top spot by one of his own, rapidly overtaking my progress in leaps and bounds!

DarrenW

posted on 24/1/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
I somehow suspect the colour will be even better 'in the flesh'. I picked Oxford Blue and have regretted it ever since. Way too dark. Jazzed it up with some tigeresque stripes so not too bad now. Unless it is polished shiny it always looks dull (ie after 30 mins on the road looks crap!) Doesnt matter though when you are sitting in it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.