Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looking for a Honda VFR 400 NC30
givemethebighammer

posted on 2/2/07 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Looking for a Honda VFR 400 NC30

I haven't been on a motorbike for about seven years now. But the desire to ride has come back again. I always wanted a Honda VFR 400 NC30 but couldn't afford one back then. Now the prices have come down a bit I'm trying to find one. Something mechanically sound but cosmetically challenged (but not crashed) could be a possibility. I know there are a few bikers on here, anyone know of one for sale ? (Preferably in the Midlands)

[Edited on 2/2/07 by givemethebighammer]

locoboy

posted on 2/2/07 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Try Malc from Yorkshire engines, i know he normally wants to offer salvage but he may well be in the know

ATB
Locoboy

givemethebighammer

posted on 2/2/07 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers I'll drop him a U2U
Peteff

posted on 2/2/07 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
There are a few on Autotrader, they are usually high mileage because of their age though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jambojeef

posted on 3/2/07 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Great choice of bike!

My mate has one throughout uni and you could always tell when he came back from lectures early - the angry bumble bee exhaust note always gave the game away!

He works for Triumph now and was part of the 675 project but still hankers after his VFR400 - good luck with your search, they are great bikes

GEoff

OX

posted on 3/2/07 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
never been a fan of the 400's save your money and get a 600 .i cant think of anything good to say about them,apart from there nimble. a new set of discs would probably cost you more than the bikes worth .even tho you havnt been on a bike for a long time it all comes flooding back to you,a 400 will bore the pants off you with in a month,if your not hiting the redline in everygear stay close to the curb because you'll be holding every one up. . if youv tried everywhere else and youv given up all hope then you could allways try d&k in stoke they allways have 400's in stock. but make sure you give it a damn good checking over ,most 400's have been crashed in there time.

[Edited on 3/2/07 by OX]

UncleFista

posted on 3/2/07 at 02:49 AM Reply With Quote
Have you sat on one ? I had an RC30 many years ago, it was tiny...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

imp paul

posted on 3/2/07 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
maybe a RG500 Suzuki mad as toast lots more fun enyway good luck
Nick Skidmore

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Suzuki GSXR 750 SRAD available from 4th March very good cond. 1999 bike 12K miles.

I took this in Pex against a single seater but have quite a bit of history with it.

UK bike, not an import, on it's way back from the Channel Islands, all duties paid.

To be sold with 12 mths MOT and 6mths Tax £1750

U2U email or 07903 474191

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
givemethebighammer

posted on 3/2/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
I'm 5'8" tall and 9 1/2 stone so the size doesn't worry me. I used to ride a 600cc bike, but always liked the idea of the nimble handling of the 400s. I'm not worried about straight line speed and a few track days won't be out of the question.

[Edited on 3/2/07 by givemethebighammer]

mike-ktm

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Get yerself on 400greybike.co.uk

Good forum and always bikes for sale on there. Great bikes - picking up a Gixxer 400 SP next weekend myself - a little project for the summer when the car goes

Mike

worX

posted on 3/2/07 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
VFR400

D&K Motorcycles only have one in at the moment, and it's an NC24 - not the 30.
last time I went though there were loads of them, so more than likely they haven't bothered to put them on the website.
I know there should be at least one NC30 there, as my mate has just traded up to a GSXR600!
I have to kinda second what others have said about being bored on the 400 though - even though you're not bothered about straight line speed, and will do track days, you will get bored. My CBR600RR prob handles better than any of the slightly older 400's. Esp. with a set of Metzeler Racetecs on (£60 pair part worn - still on after 2000 miles!)

http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/dkonline/used_bikes/?mode=large_image&stock_no=37207

hth

the moa 2

posted on 5/2/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I got a ZXR400 a better buy i think and you get a nicer newer example compared to the honda.

I love it when i pass 600's on the trac, granted im still going out in th novice class but its still good.

My has been crashed by my brother at donnington and is still in bits cant wait til summer when i should hopefully have back up and running.

Good luck

richijenkin

posted on 5/2/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I was looking at the 400's & 600's. Ended up getting the GSXR600, glad I did, but soon wanted the 750.
If you want a bike to flick around go for a 2-stroke like the rd or rgv.

Rig

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.