Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Photo Search - 2
SierraL_killer

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Photo Search - 2

Hi,

I see someone has posted this suggestion before but nothing came of it. I think a photo search would be really handy. The current setup is annoying as you have to either:
1. Post on the forum to ask for a piccie of something - which fills up the forum and is a pretty slow process.
OR
2. Spend hours clicking randomly in the photo section in the hope you will strike gold eventually. No! Oh, must just be me then!

If the issue is the time/hassle it takes to setup then maybe it should be compulsory
to make a contribution to the site in order to use it.

Cheers

Rob

Indymike

posted on 3/2/07 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I think a photo search option would be a great idea! It's quite hard to look for pictures of certain aspects of the build if you have to go via threads or just going into people's archive at random.
Of course this would only work if everyone would name their pictures correct. So "oo er, missus, what's that?" for a picture of your (gear) knob wouldn't really help!!

Michael

Build manual? What build manual?

Werner Van Loock

posted on 3/2/07 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
just found out that the google thing i put on here is rubbish as you only get to see avatars and actually posted pictures in threads. But the pictures in the archive are invisible to google, maybe that would be an option for the webmanager to get the pictures indexed by google and use google as the search engine.

[Edited on 3/2/07 by Werner Van Loock]

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.