Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: digidash position
the moa 2

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
digidash position

Hello just looking for some input on where to mount my digidash 2.

How does it fair in sunny weather can you read the screen especially the red one is it worth trying to mount it with some kind of shade just above it ?

Whats best behind the steering wheel or to the left of the steering wheel in the centre of the dash ?

Cheers

shortie

posted on 4/2/07 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
From personal experience if you can get it behind the wheel (which should be possible with the DD2) then definitely do it.

I have a DD1 mounted in the middle and I have just added extra shift lights as you can't really see the other ones in the middle of the dash, not really a problem with the sun it's just that they are not in your line of site.

HTH,
Rich.

tim windmill

posted on 4/2/07 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
ours is mounted in the middle of dash and we have no problems with the vision or sunlight problems
the moa 2

posted on 4/2/07 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
cheers chaps i wantd to mount it behind the wheel but there isn't quite enough room so i was contemplating extending the dash when i make it so it has a d shape sitting above the wheel this way i will definately have enough room. All this would sit behind my aero screen so will be sheltered.
DarrenW

posted on 6/2/07 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I got mine fitted in front of wheel and works fantastic. Only slight gripe is that at night with main beam on the blue light can be dazzling - easy fixed with some tape though.

Never had any bother in bright sunlight unless wearing dark shades.

If you want to see how mine is fitted take a look at the ETB advert in PPC or DT catalogue.

skidude88

posted on 6/2/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Mines A DD1 mounted in the middle of the dash.

When the sun comes out (rarely) I can't read the red on red at all - but they're only warnings...adds to the drama/paranoia of driving

I plan to have a look inside, see if I can replace the red plastic film with something a bit more user friendly. The green LED sections great.

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.