Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car broken into . . .
Bob C

posted on 9/3/07 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
Car broken into . . .

Some scum just broke 2 windows on my pug & took the removeable front of my stereo.
What is that about?
They have gained nothing. period.
It'll cost me a hundred pounds and some pissing about to fix. If I told police/insurers it would cost 4 or 5 times that over the next few years.
Arse
Victim of crime. And pissed off.
I guess most victims of this sort of thing never report it for the same reason. I wonder how the real crime statistics compare to the police ones.....
Bob

Simon

posted on 9/3/07 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
Bob,

Seems to be becoming a regular occurrence!. Right pain in the neck.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

ATB

Simon

indykid

posted on 9/3/07 at 02:55 AM Reply With Quote
take the rest of your head unit out then!

they will come back for it...

just chances are they won't get disturbed next time. you'll still lose another window though.

barstewards aren't they!
tom

nitram38

posted on 9/3/07 at 04:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
take the rest of your head unit out then!

they will come back for it...

just chances are they won't get disturbed next time. you'll still lose another window though.

barstewards aren't they!
tom

They are so thick that they may rip any new one out before they realise that the front panel don't fit!!

Danozeman

posted on 9/3/07 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
People reckon the face plates are worth more that the whole second hand unit these days. Theres loads of peple with faulty or lost ones that dont want to replace the hole thing.

Service history logs get loads ofmoney too apparantly.

Sorry this has happened to you mate. People like this need a f'ing good beating.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Aboardman

posted on 9/3/07 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
also some insurance companies will not pay out if your radio is stolen if you cannot give them the removable face plate.
rpsmith

posted on 9/3/07 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
At least they only broke a window, when my Pug 106 was broken into they put a crow bar into the top of the door and bent it outwards

At least a new window can be bought cheap, a new door can't.......... and they didn't even take anything cos the alarm then went off

If i had caught them i'd have cut their thumbs off, thieving bar stewards

BenB

posted on 9/3/07 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Similar thing happened to my car the other day....
Burglars broke into the car, nicked the faceplate, rummaged through the covered boot- ignored an unopened bottle of scotch and nicked my Drs case which was so heavy they dumped it unopened 7 miles away!!! I suppose they might have opened it, but seeing as when the police found it it still contained £38 in cash neatly stuck in an envelope with "£38" written on it I'd be surprised...
Strange....

ned

posted on 9/3/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
what pug is it? i have a passenger side 106 3 door, door glass you can have for free if suitable.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 9/3/07 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
...I suppose they might have opened it, but seeing as when the police found it it still contained £38 in cash neatly stuck in an envelope with "£38" written on it I'd be surprised...
Strange....

I'd have expected them to look for prescription drugs, but leaving cash makes it sound like they were in a hurry or completely off their heads...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

oadamo

posted on 9/3/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
on my saxo they put a hole in my door by my lock they nicked about 10 cds out of my door and didnt take anything else but in my glove box there was a gtec meter and a rader detector and my sat nav was under the seat nobs or wot. but i dont leave anything in there now i think i was lucky and i found some silver carpet tade the same colour to cover the hole
adam

Bob C

posted on 9/3/07 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Getting the glass fixed today. Turns out they did try to pull the radio out but failed. I expect the head unit's in the verge 20yds away. The whole stereo is a £30 aldi special but they'e done £150 worth of damage failing to nick it. twats

[Edited on 9/3/07 by Bob C]

BenB

posted on 9/3/07 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
...I suppose they might have opened it, but seeing as when the police found it it still contained £38 in cash neatly stuck in an envelope with "£38" written on it I'd be surprised...
Strange....

I'd have expected them to look for prescription drugs, but leaving cash makes it sound like they were in a hurry or completely off their heads...

There were two full boxes of antibiotics that they left untouched

tri

posted on 9/3/07 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I had 2 windows put in on my mums car by people that tried to jump me when i was out so after i left them in a sorry state they did her car but guess who wouldn't do anything even when we called them back out when I found the bat they had been usins in the back seat (yeah they missed it when they "looked" through the car)

Tri

martyn_16v

posted on 9/3/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
The whole stereo is a £30 aldi special but they'e done £150 worth of damage failing to nick it. twats

Car thieves have the intelligence of a concussed fruit fly. None at all. Really. When someone tried to nick my old Golf, they first tried pulling the door back at the top (and bent it), then punched a hole in the door by the lock, and after all that finally realised the rear hatch wasn't locked. They then ripped off the steering column cowl and made a right mess of the wiring trying to hotwire the bloody thing. If only they'd taken the time to twig that the reason the front of the car was pointing to the heavens was that the engine was 20ft away in the garage they'd have saved themselves 20minutes, and me a few quid. 'Tards

Aboardman

posted on 9/3/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
dont worry i have a photograpth of the person who did this crime.

[img]http:// [/img]

do you want to sort them out, or have we to form a gang from here to do them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.