Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Making an Indy windscreen.
vintagebuilder

posted on 12/3/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Making an Indy windscreen.

Afternoon All,

Thought the following might be of use to anyone contemplating making their own windscreen.
I got the ally trim, 'T' section scuttle rubber seal and the windscreen glass rubber seal from Lolocost. A local glass company cut the laminated glass (6.4mm ) for £20+VAT. The windscreen frame was bent by hand round a plywood former-many thanks Steve. The problem came when thinking about fitting the glass to the frame. The ally channel width is 9.5mm and the glass is 6.4mm and the rubber strip which Lolocost supply is 4mm thick. How the hell do RH fit their glass to the surround.
Anyway I needed some 1.5mm thick rubber strip and came across this place-Bradford Rubber Services Ltd at WWW.BRADFORDRUBBER.CO.UK. They have everything you could possibly want in the way of rubber sheet, strip, gaskets,grommets etc. They are also extremely helpful and their prices are right. I got 3m of 50mm X 1.5mm rubber strip for £ 2.50.
Sorry the post is so long but I thought it might help someone.

Regards

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.